• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How much would you pay for Trilogy BT Drivers in the US?

How much would you pay for Trilogy drivers in premium baseline plastic like BT/Prime?

• 8.99 (cost of Prime discs in US)

Votes: 14 17.3%

Votes: 15 18.5%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • 16.99 (cost for BT Vipunen in Finland in USD)

• 18.99 - 19.99, just give me the damned plastic.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Not interested in Trilogy Drivers in baseline plastic

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Not interested in Trilogy Drivers

Votes: 19 23.5%

• Total voters

World Eater

Eagle Member
Helping Trilogy with some marketing research. They may be feeling like the market wont bear the prices they would need to charge to get BT drivers molded up reliably and shipped out to the US.

So how much would you pay to get your hands on your favorite Trilogy drivers in premium-baseline plastic like BT or Prime?

Just wondering why would this be more difficult than molding up and shipping BT putters and mids over here, which they already do?

Seems like Retro is feasable as well.

Is it a sales/percieved demand peoblem?

BT drivers are more than I remembered them being in Finnish department stores.

14,90 euros or ~$16.70 USD.

@Monkeypaws
I would love to know the answers to those questions. could try asking DD sales, but they havent been particularly forthcoming with any details beyond "we're thinkin' about it..."

Just wondering why would this be more difficult than molding up and shipping BT putters and mids over here, which they already do?

Seems like Retro is feasable as well.

Is it a sales/percieved demand peoblem?

I was wondering this same thing. But ultimately, I wouldn't want any drivers in BT plastic. VIP, for me, is a great blend of stability, durability, and glide.

My primary interest is in getting my hands on BT Giants that I can season in to bombers. I had started doing it with some beefy domey Pro Destroyers but I switched to Trilogy before I could get them beat infrom meat hooks.

I wouldn't buy any Trilogy, most US companies make better stuff anyways.

Don't often agree with you, but yes.

As for how much? Same as what they charge for current BT, any more is price gouging.

when was the last time you tried any? most of the Trilogy stuff that I think is hands down and truly better was released within the last year or two.

US companies have some great molds too, but over the very short duration I've been playing, Trilogy's mold consistency has just been better.. which is good bcz its harder to find in person and I would not order it online if I felt like I couldnt reliably get what I want/expect. Any 10 destroyers I pick up will fly wildly differently. Katanas, Terns, Roadrunners... just ridiculous variation. It was fun to try new things while I was learning to throw and gaining consistency myself, but now its mostly a distraction and an inconvenience.

Its quite possible that because I'm throwing newer molds that there just arent enough runs of them to make consistency an issue yet. Might need to wait to see how Felons and Truths are flying in 2016 to make an apples to apples comparison.

BT plastic in their putters is premium baseline.. but isn't prime/retro more of a DX competitor?

is the driver BT more baseline than premium baseline? If so, id hope they would be cheaper than current BT/Zero/Classic

Starting to try Trilogy and other companies molds. Lat 64 has put out some intriguing molds, like the Stiletto, Missilen, XXX and Trident. Some overstable love for the rocket arms and eye candy for the speed 10 arms, like myself. But I'm going to give the Trident a whirl for RHFH short meat hook type shots. Maybe the XXX for a bit longer RHBH meat hook type shots and/or where OB on the right comes into play.

Sumo - as much as I love trilogy I don't think they compete with the Viper/whippet in that spot. :(

There is a lot of love here for the Trident though so don't let me dissuade you from trying new things.

I throw some Trilogy (along with nearly everything else), but I'd pay $9 or so for a BT disc, assuming it is basically the same as DX etc. However, I probably wouldn't buy any, as I buy molds that are designed to hit lines rather than cycling; that's just the way I prefer to build a bag. Why on earth Westside is charging (basically) $17 for a BT driver over in Europe though is beyond me, how can they be that much more difficult to make? That's basically VIP or TP money, and I would rather buy a VIP or TP version of a driver for that price. And yes, I dig both those plastics, have an Underworld in each and I want to try out the Northman

when was the last time you tried any? most of the Trilogy stuff that I think is hands down and truly better was released within the last year or two.

US companies have some great molds too, but over the very short duration I've been playing, Trilogy's mold consistency has just been better.. which is good bcz its harder to find in person and I would not order it online if I felt like I couldnt reliably get what I want/expect. Any 10 destroyers I pick up will fly wildly differently. Katanas, Terns, Roadrunners... just ridiculous variation. It was fun to try new things while I was learning to throw and gaining consistency myself, but now its mostly a distraction and an inconvenience.

Its quite possible that because I'm throwing newer molds that there just arent enough runs of them to make consistency an issue yet. Might need to wait to see how Felons and Truths are flying in 2016 to make an apples to apples comparison.

what about the old stuff?

I have like four different types of swords. I like the disc but the variation is brutal.

I have a couple Bt Harps and there is no way you can tell me that this stuff is anything like Dx or Prime plastic. No way. Bt is its own thing and for the Harp the way it beats in is amazing. I would pay a few bucks more to get this plastic on a stable to OS mid like the Bard easily. Comparisons to Dx plastic need not apply.

Latest posts