• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How much would you pay for Trilogy BT Drivers in the US?

How much would you pay for Trilogy drivers in premium baseline plastic like BT/Prime?

• 8.99 (cost of Prime discs in US)

Votes: 14 17.3%

Votes: 15 18.5%

Votes: 12 14.8%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • 16.99 (cost for BT Vipunen in Finland in USD)

• 18.99 - 19.99, just give me the damned plastic.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Not interested in Trilogy Drivers in baseline plastic

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Not interested in Trilogy Drivers

Votes: 19 23.5%

• Total voters
I don't know, I'm looking at my prime Judge now and need Harp now and noting some similarity. Hoping the Judge might actualy beat into a puddle top. Prime plastic might actualy be alright. But still, that Bt stuff is primo.

what about the old stuff?

I have like four different types of swords. I like the disc but the variation is brutal.

From what I understand a lot of older Westside drivers were much more understable than they are now.

For that matter I've heard Lat64 had some serious consistency issues a while back.

For me, in my whole 10 months of experience, warships, felons, verdicts, truths, harps purchased across runs and even plastic types have all been consistent. Moonshine trespasses from different tourneys and fund raisers as well as stock stamp are all the same. Maybe I'm rollin' 6s but I will keep buying until they prove me wrong.

Last time I looked at Innova Star at the local sporting goods chain it looked way different. Hard and shiny. Anyone have a sentiment on their consistency these days? Thought maybe they changed blends to improve it.

I don't really care for any trilogy. Old School Innova all the way, love me some 11x tee/fire birds, 10x Aviars, 11x Rocs, Anything Innova pre 2006. Except Pre avery Destroyers and echo Xcals are sweet. AS for drivers, the best flying distance driver that ive thrown is a Pre Avery purple ESDS, they have a ton of glide and are great for those huge max distance flex shots.

Last edited:
I have a couple Bt Harps and there is no way you can tell me that this stuff is anything like Dx or Prime plastic. No way. Bt is its own thing and for the Harp the way it beats in is amazing. I would pay a few bucks more to get this plastic on a stable to OS mid like the Bard easily. Comparisons to Dx plastic need not apply.

Fanboys crack me up :p

I don't really care for any trilogy. Old School Innova all the way, love me some 11x tee/fire birds, 10x Aviars, 11x Rocs, Anything Innova pre 2006. Except Pre avery Destroyers and echo Xcals are sweet. AS for drivers, the best flying distance driver that ive thrown is a Pre Avery purple ESDS, they have a ton of glide and are great for those huge max distance flex shots.

I'd hate to see how much you've spent on disc golf. Not like you played back then and bought a stack for regular prices.

ya, I stopped posting in here bcz it seemed like I had inadvertently pitted fanbois against eachother..

fwiw, I havent tried Prime, but the DX and DC's Pro-D I've tried is not really the same ballpark as BT. BT Hard is probably closer to XT.

I thought Prime was going to be grippy like Innova Pro. Almost every disc I have in Pro is different from every other disc in pro. My favorite pros are the stuff they used in the stiff pro pigs (best grip and rigidity evar!) and actually the R-Pro.

I'd hate to see how much you've spent on disc golf. Not like you played back then and bought a stack for regular prices.

Actually most all the stuff I have was given to me or bought for 10$ per disc locally, I traded and bought a few here and there for good prices. I have been told I find the craziest deals a few times lol Ive bought a bunch of pre avery destroyers, 11x firebirds, 11x KC pro Teebirds, 11x eagles, all for 10$ each

Last edited:
If you dont mind it used you can find stuff a lot cheaper. top dollar is usually getting you a fresh disc w/o ink. If you just need a thrower it can be done cheaper, but OOP is still a finite pool and you're at the whim of the market when you need a disc. Helps to be lucky I guess.

when was the last time you tried any? most of the Trilogy stuff that I think is hands down and truly better was released within the last year or two.

US companies have some great molds too, but over the very short duration I've been playing, Trilogy's mold consistency has just been better..
You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm glad the stuff works for you, but I disagree. Everyone compares themselves to Innova because it's easy to beat Innova's lack of consistency. I noticed you didn't bring up any Discraft, Legacy, Prodigy, MVP or Vibram molds when you wanted to cite a lack of consistency, only Innova.

Frankly, Lat and co seem second only to Innova in different PLH's and oddball one off discs that are going to fly differently when I look at my local store.

You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm glad the stuff works for you, but I disagree. Everyone compares themselves to Innova because it's easy to beat Innova's lack of consistency. I noticed you didn't bring up any Discraft, Legacy, Prodigy, MVP or Vibram molds when you wanted to cite a lack of consistency, only Innova.

Frankly, Lat and co seem second only to Innova in different PLH's and oddball one off discs that are going to fly differently when I look at my local store.

Legacy is the bottom of consistency, outlaws rampages and cannons are a crap shoot for the casual buyer. Prodigy D series is all over the place, still. One run of d1 will be 1 cm tall the next will be 2cm.

Why would they be more than the mids and putters in BT hard / Zero Hard?

I do like the plastic. I already throw Shields Harps and Maces in hard. Giant, Saint Pro and Trident would be of interest.

I've always enjoyed wear and tear on a disc. Like teeth marks on a Muskie lure.

I think this thread not having reached page two yet shows us why these are not stateside. Not even a chunk of our little corner of nerds want them.
Bummer I will have to stick to the bt for my harp only.

Seems like interest in molds is across the board too.

personally I'm hoping to fulfill my quest to season a Giant/Destroyer by picking up a domey biofuzion Enforcer.

Not sure about drivers but I bet BT Bards would sell well. Think that would be about my only interest in BT, perhaps a BT Seer for winter.

I concur, bards would be sweet, an alternative to the Mace which is basically the only other Trilogy mid you can cycle (cuz Truths are wack understable)

Verdict? Warship?

I interpreted DeLa's point about Mace cycling to be with regard to the plastic, though I could be wrong. The Mace is one of the few mids available stateside in Zero/Classic/BT...Truth and Suspect are the only other ones I can find at the moment, though first run Fugitives were made in Classic as well.

Cycling is of course possible with premium plastics, but it takes a bit longer for a disc to get from new to well seasoned.