• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How often do you make 50 footers?

I have two different putting styles. Around 30' on in I'm a push putter in a 3/4 stance. Out near 50' I turn sideways and fling it. As a geezer, I threw a lot of lids at all kinds of distances with friends before I ever discovered disc golf. The result was I got pretty comfortable hitting a spot from time to time. A good drill if this shot appeals to you is to find a like-minded partner who uses a similar putter and stand 50' apart and play catch. Hold your hands together around your belt buckle to simulate a target. Obviously this doesn't work very well if someone likes to rip it on a line. :eek:

Just so everyone knows… yesterday I made exactly one 50 footer in a rated league round... 896 rated players CAN make them once in a while.
oh yeah? well I did some putting practice in my backyard between storms and missed a boat load of 25-35' putts, lol.

glad I putt better on the course than I do at home! Worst practice session I've had this year lmao.

All the time when no one is watching...............

I do play Summer doubles with the guy name Chris Chris, he goes off from 80 all the time. Pretty impressive really. Funny thing is he is not on my card when he does it.

No obstructions, little to no wind effect, open throw to the basket - how often do you make 50 footers? In these situations are you always trying to make or are there times when you just lay up?
Just curious how better players look at a 50 foot shot; I'm still a new player (that's very lousy) and with 50 footers I usually just lay up, as my make % when I do go for it is about 10%.
a couple times a year

Latest posts