• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] How to change from using and AvengerSS

lovebecause

Bogey Member
I have an Avenger SS and can throw it 270. I have been told to use a teebird and eagle to throw further and then use faster discs. So I tried that, but I'm tired of the inconsistencies of Innova's discs especially the champion plastic. What other companies and their discs could I use to expand my bag so I can throw a variety of stabilities and perhaps some fairway drivers?

I have an Avenger SS and can throw it 270. I have been told to use a teebird and eagle to throw further and then use faster discs. So I tried that, but I'm tired of the inconsistencies of Innova's discs especially the champion plastic. What other companies and their discs could I use to expand my bag so I can throw a variety of stabilities and perhaps some fairway drivers?

First of all, if you like the Avenger SS, then have fun throwing the Avenger SS and don't worry about what others tell you. I happen to like Avenger SSs, also. They're good discs.

But they're also understable, so a headwind that is beating your face is going to beat your AvengerSS in a direction you might not want. So a more overstable disc for that wind is a good idea. Alas, I throw mostly Innova in the fairway driver arena, so my suggestions for other discs are limited.

You might try a Discmania C-line CD3. It's faster than the Avenger SS and a bit more overstable. Throwing a slightly faster disc into a headwind takes advantage of the aerodynamics, so you should still get good distance.

Last edited:
Short answer... XL by Discraft is a pretty solid trainer, Comet is the best midrange training disc .. XL has a little more stability and less glide then the avenger ss.

I'd still throw the Avenger SS

I have no idea what you're asking here.

have people told you to disc down in order to improve?

what discs do you own/bag/use? knowing this may help in the answers you get.

Innova's discs aren't any more inconsistent than any other manufacturers.

Chances are good that the inconsistency isn't in the arrows. Good luck finding that company with perfectly molded discs.

The Avenger SS is slow enough to learn your form with. The understability is more important, I'd say, and at 270 you're probably not seeing much turn, yeah? I'd get a stack of them in pro D ($8 ea), and watch some form tutorials. Keep throwing them till you get them turning, then shop for some more stable plastic.

try a discraft stalker to handle the wind and keep throwing the A-ss.

Latest posts