• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to stop throwing too high

quick update: ive been able consistently throw lower....from a standstill. ive also learned I can throw the same distance from a standstill as I would from a run up.

how can I learn from that though? I want to be able to throw farther, which is going to end up with me having to do a run up sooner or later.

Work on your form to increase your standstill distance/consistency. Once you are consistent and accurate out to whatever distance you set as your goal, slowly add in the run up. Start with a 1-2 step walk up, then add the cross step, etc.

I did this in the winter of 2014. My consistency and accuracy greatly improved from throwing standstills all winter. When I got the run up going again I was throwing a good 50' further than the previous year.

Work on your form to increase your standstill distance/consistency. Once you are consistent and accurate out to whatever distance you set as your goal, slowly add in the run up. Start with a 1-2 step walk up, then add the cross step, etc.

I did this in the winter of 2014. My consistency and accuracy greatly improved from throwing standstills all winter. When I got the run up going again I was throwing a good 50' further than the previous year.
!.

Congrats! thanks for the advice.