• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Flip Disc?

Jethro33

i was reading a couple of other threads and it was brought up what a hyzer flip was... which i know what it is because i have so much trouble getting my discs to hyzer flip.

what discs do you prefer to hyzer flip?

Special Edition Valks are great for downwind hyzer flips, and beat in Pro Wraiths are great for normal wind hyzer flips.

Discraft ESP FLX Surge SS
Discraft ESP FLX Surge
Discraft ZFlash

My crush will do it also if I really rip it, Beat in ESP Crush. I really haven't got to mess with it much though since I found it.

I also bought an avenger SS esp flx and will mess around with that being a flip disc.

Midranges I have used a ESP FLX buzzz, Latitude 64 Core, Ching Legacy, Innova Cro, Discraft Storm

Pretty much any putter I hyzer flip.

Each disc takes a varying amount of hyzer to flip, like the buzzz is a lot less than the cro or legacy.

Slower it is, the easier it is to flip. For drivers you could try Valks, Sidewinders, XS, Avenger SS, etc.

Special Edition Valks are great for downwind hyzer flips, and beat in Pro Wraiths are great for normal wind hyzer flips.

Wraiths for Hyzer flips? LOL. If you have a monster arm. I doubt most players can hyzer flip a wraith.
Sidewinders, Roadrunners, SS Avengers, these all work great for me for Hyzer flips. Valkyries if I'm throwing pretty well.
I could never get a Wraith to Hyzer flip, I'm lucky if it goes straight for more than 150 ft before diving to the left.

i throw LHBH, avg flat ground distance of 300-350' with my drives.

hyzer flip to left- beat up DX beast or 'overpowered' Star Roadrunner
hyzer flip to straight, slight fade at end- Star valk or Roadrunner, both w/ deep hyzer releases
hyzer flip to flex/s curve- Star Valk or lightly beat DX wraith, slight hyzer release

appreciate everyones help... i am guessing that i dont have the arm to flip my pro wraiths. i will try some of the other options. . . i know i have a crystal avenger ss at the house.

Wraiths for Hyzer flips? LOL. If you have a monster arm. I doubt most players can hyzer flip a wraith.
Sidewinders, Roadrunners, SS Avengers, these all work great for me for Hyzer flips. Valkyries if I'm throwing pretty well.
I could never get a Wraith to Hyzer flip, I'm lucky if it goes straight for more than 150 ft before diving to the left.
Actually Tom does have a monster arm. ;)

But he did specify that it was beat-in...and pro plastic. I could see that working for normal folk after you hit a few hundred trees.

The beat in wraith, even champion flips over nicely. I use my New Discraft Surge (same as a wraith) as a hyzer flip disc.

yeah you can flip wraiths..well some of us can I guess...I can flip my star wraith 400' flat...I got called a bagger in Am2 becuase of it LOL...inconsistency sucks :(

yeah you can flip wraiths..well some of us can I guess...I can flip my star wraith 400' flat...I got called a bagger in Am2 becuase of it LOL...inconsistency sucks :(

But he did specify that it was beat-in...and pro plastic. I could see that working for normal folk after you hit a few hundred trees.

Yes pro will beat in real nice, and it doesn't take too long compared to other plastics. Some of the longest throws I've seen came from beat in Wraiths.

Has anyone tried to Hyzer flip a Leopard? I have a 150 class Leopard but I'm wondering if anyone uses a heavier one (around 170-175ish) to hyzer flip

Has anyone tried to Hyzer flip a Leopard? I have a 150 class Leopard but I'm wondering if anyone uses a heavier one (around 170-175ish) to hyzer flip

Definitely doable. I used to flip a 174g Pro, it ended up getting too flippy for me and I had to stop using it, which sucks, as it is my only ace disc.

Hmmm sounds like I need to beat-up my wraiths! I'll throw them under my car on a gravel road tonight ;)

I'd use way slower discs like putters, mids and slow fairway drivers like the Polaris LS or DX Cheetah. The Leopard will flip from a hyzer rather easily, too.

I've fliped my Light. #3 Driver a few times, but seems to take an arm and leg to do. But then again I was out of the game for a few years, so am out of shape. Thinking of going back to a lighter disc till I'm back to where I was.

And Jethro, I see your flying the Skull and Football.

Well I got one thing to say to you about that.........

GO BUCS!!!

One of the reason hyzer flips work so well for me (and others) is that it's sometimes easier to generates more snap while throwing hyzer. I've thrown my wraith around 330' with a hyzer angle and I'm pretty sure that's farther than it would go if I threw it flat. I always assumed this was because I was getting just enough power for it to start turning slightly so it maintains its angle longer.

The two discs I have been loving as hyzer flips which just fly, 450+, are the 150 Boss for tailwind, and the 160 Boss for headwind. Both R Pro. Releasing these things with damn near a 50 degree hyzer angle, once flat they go forever.

Latest posts