• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I havn't played in a month

A break is always a good thing. If you are not having fun on the course then leave. If you have suce a passion for the game for so long, it will bring you back.

I think I am going to try to get in a round next weekend. I think what really happened is I have this project that I have been putting off for a while (years actually) and now, its come down to the wire, that I really have to finish this project before I can move on to stage two. Both projects are very important, but very time consuming, and boring. Takes up almost a whole Saturday on the weekend, some of Sunday, and some time during the week before I go to work.

I can't go into details of what I am doing, because this site and the Internet is open to the world, there are some people who I would rather not know what I am working on. Nothing bad or illegal, but lets say, if I am successful, I hope to get rewarded for my effort. I will leave it at that.

That being said, I feel guilty playing because I know I need to be working on the project. I need to get to the point, where I work on it on Saturday and then play on Sunday. I guess getting sick really scared me. I don't like getting sick. I don't very often. Same Thing happened to me 23 ago. I used to love going to the local amusement park. It was almost my second home. One time, I got very, very sick there. I mean, went to the First Aid area, and had to be put in a hospital bed sick. That really scared me, and I didn't go back to that amusement park for over a year. I finally got over my fears, and I guess I have to do the same with disc golf.

I used to have to take breaks when I was in college because:

a.) I was trying to complete two majors while doing research on the side
b.) the nearest courses were 40 miles away
c.) winters can be brutal in PA -- especially north of I-80

But I mean, it was kind of cool. Once a month or so, I'd go out and throw a round and the experience just seemed more fun. So I definitely see where you're coming from.

I actually ended up in the hospital too with an iv in me from dehydration. It was not fun. On the other hand, i have been working so much lately and switched jobs, i have not played in about 2 to 3 weeks now, and havent felt as into it as i was before. I need to get out there and play sometime soon. It just seems like its been too long for how much i usually play.

When you got dehydrated, one or more of your vitamins, minerals, or electrolytes may have got depleted as well. One symptom of this is that you lose your killer instinct and sit around like a six year old girl, crying and feeling sorry for yourself. Try taking some good vitamin/mineral suppliments and add many different types of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. In no time at all you'll be acting like a man again.

One symptom of this is that you lose your killer instinct and sit around like a six year old girl, crying and feeling sorry for yourself.

Thats not a new symptom, but its just how MB is. Sorry to end in a proposition. Uh, thats just how MB normally acts.

When you got dehydrated, one or more of your vitamins, minerals, or electrolytes may have got depleted as well. One symptom of this is that you lose your killer instinct and sit around like a six year old girl, crying and feeling sorry for yourself. Try taking some good vitamin/mineral suppliments and add many different types of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. In no time at all you'll be acting like a man again.

You're correct. I was extremely low on potassium. They gave me huge horse pills(that i almost threw up on the nurse). They hooked me up with an iv and a couple hours later, i was good to go.

If you want a change of scenery come out to Oak Meadow at 4:00pm on Sunday.

I am going to be in Baytown on Sunday, but I would love to take you up on that offer in a couple of weeks. I have only played there twice , and I would like to again

I am going to be in Baytown on Sunday, but I would love to take you up on that offer in a couple of weeks. I have only played there twice , and I would like to again

Just let me know when. I play almost every Sunday at 4:00, and whenever else I can get out there.

Just let me know when. I play almost every Sunday at 4:00, and whenever else I can get out there.

I know next Sunday is July 4th, so I am leaning towards the weekend after that. PM me your number if you would. I lost my cell phone so I don't have it anymore.

Aww man! I didnt have a big urge to play last week and didnt then got to the weekend and opted to go swimming at a lake that has a DG course right there and figured I would swim a little since it was in the 90s, play a round and try the little 9 holer, and swim some more.

Well; half that course is REALLY close to what was a packed swimming area, literally going across the beach with someones towel hanging on the baskets and signs so I didn't play it and here I am a week and a half of no disc golf; its mid to upper 60s just barely breaking into the lower 70s at the hottest part of the day and sunny and Im going friggin nuts and have a ball game to go to tonight.

Not to mention my unthrown River I've had for that week and a half now as well.........

I havn't played since May 30th. I was going to try to get out there this weekend, but we have had some major storms hit the past week, and the courses are all very, very wet and muddy. Even my practice field is underwater. I am going to wait till next Sunday, and try to get out there and do something. I am finally starting to miss it.

I have so many hobbies it isn't unusual for me to take breaks of a month or even a year between doing them. My passion for each of them waxes and wanes, ebbs and flows as the years go by. Don't let it get to you. Put the discs in the garage and pick up something you left in there a few months ago or a few years ago. You'll go back to the discs in a few months, or you won't. No big deal either way. Life isn't golf, or basketball, or mountain biking, or anything else.

Even if you don't play for years you'll still be better than 90% of the players out there who have only played a few times, or play too infrequently to improve much.

Like I said in the beginning, I have a project that I had been putting off for years, and I finally begin working on it. It takes up most of my free time, but I still try to take time for myself. I can't say what it is till I am done, because I don't want the world to know what I am working on. I hope to be done with it by the end of the year.

Like I said in the beginning, I have a project that I had been putting off for years, and I finally begin working on it. It takes up most of my free time, but I still try to take time for myself. I can't say what it is till I am done, because I don't want the world to know what I am working on. I hope to be done with it by the end of the year.

Is it a LASER Dr. Evil?

Latest posts