• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] I just built an all DGA bag

Declarkus, I think you will be missing out by not trying the SP plastic, especially Squall and Undertow.

Ghost, do you have any First Flight Hurricanes? Can you provide a verbal description of how they are physically different from the production run?

I don't have anymore of them unfortunately, but from what I remember, the parting line was a little bit lower than the production runs. This caused them to be a little more understable and have a ton of glide. I think that they had a little more dome as well, but I can't say for sure.

I throw the FF hurricanes and the dome is perfect. There isn't any pop to it. As far as PLH goes, I only throw FF Canes, so idk. I used to throw 7-8/10 z nukes and destroyers, they don't touch the FF canes in feel and flight smoothness. Perfect for controlled big D. If it were trilogy/innova proto stamped, they would've sold out and be going for $75.

I've considered an SP Undertow for the stability. Is it noticeably straighter?

I have 1 SP, 1 SP Glow, and 2 Proline. The SP is straight with a mild fade. When thrown anhyzer it flattens out at end. The Glow is perfect flip from hyzer to flat. Both the Prolines flip from hyzer to turnover or anny all the way to the ground or roller. I get more distance out of the SP and it just flies better.

I've got 4 FF Canes on the way from the MP. I hope they are magical.

Thx 3vok, I'll try one. FYI: Discs Unlimited is selling Flex Canes for $12 shipped. I'm gonna try one of those too.

I have one and can't imagine losing it. After throwing that beefy basturd I know just where to look: 200 ft down the fairway and to the left. It feels really good in the hand too. It's my favorite disc to snuggle with. If that thing was like Tern stability I'd marry it.

I almost aced with my sp squall
This past weekend on a 310 ft downhill shot.
Really buzzed the basket for a drop in 2. Excellent plastic!

My bag is getting pretty close to being an all DGA bag. I'm still using JK Aviars, DX Aviars and my first run Champion Gator. Going to try to phase out the Aviars later this year, however!

My bag is getting pretty close to being an all DGA bag. I'm still using JK Aviars, DX Aviars and my first run Champion Gator. Going to try to phase out the Aviars later this year, however!

What are you trying to replace your Aviars with?

I have several D Line Titanics, but I keep going back to the Proline. Its also my driving putter. I snap it out to 200+ w/o it turning over.
I got a D Line Reef for an under stable approach, but it could easily be someone's go-to inside 100ft. Very versatile putter. Just too straight/US for me.

It looks like you've also had to outsource your OS mid. I went Drone. Trying to keep it in the family. How does your Gator compare with the SP Breaker?

My DGA bag is set for the yr. SP Undertow is a must have fairway driver IMO. I also use a Pro Riptide for overstable fairway shots. After getting a seasoned 165g Pro Tsunami, I took out the Pro Rogue. The Tsunami has had some turn beat into it, but less than my Pro Rogue, so its straighter for me. Between the Tsunami and a 168g Pro Hurricane, which should break in nicely, I really don't need a Rogue. That said, I just got a SP Rogue to try out. I updated my bag if anyone wants to see what I'm using this year.

What are you trying to replace your Aviars with?

I have several D Line Titanics, but I keep going back to the Proline. Its also my driving putter. I snap it out to 200+ w/o it turning over.
I got a D Line Reef for an under stable approach, but it could easily be someone's go-to inside 100ft. Very versatile putter. Just too straight/US for me.

It looks like you've also had to outsource your OS mid. I went Drone. Trying to keep it in the family. How does your Gator compare with the SP Breaker?

I'm going to keep the Aviars until DGA makes a putter that is more Aviar-like.

My First Run Gator is a lot more overstable then any Breaker. Also a quite bit farther. Where I play we often get 10-15 MPH winds and I've just really fallen in love with Gators over the years. I've actually tried a Zone before and felt it was pretty close to my Gator, only about 20-30 feet shorter.

I guess Aviar is most everyone's first putter. I used Magnets for a while, but I couldn't drive them. I got KC Pro Aviar for its stiffer feel. I really liked it, but after I threw it in the pond at Holler in the Hills, I bought a Pro Titanic. Its also a great driving putter, but a little taller than the Aviar. I picked up some D-line Titanics, which have started to break in nicely.

I can totally see how the taller Titanic could bother putting releases. The Breaker is thinner, but might be a little too fast. I've wanted to grab a vintage Sure Shot just to play around with, but $40? Not that curious. I don't like floppy, so Blowfly is out. Are there any solid old DGA putter molds worth trying?

I guess Aviar is most everyone's first putter. I used Magnets for a while, but I couldn't drive them. I got KC Pro Aviar for its stiffer feel. I really liked it, but after I threw it in the pond at Holler in the Hills, I bought a Pro Titanic. Its also a great driving putter, but a little taller than the Aviar. I picked up some D-line Titanics, which have started to break in nicely.

I can totally see how the taller Titanic could bother putting releases. The Breaker is thinner, but might be a little too fast. I've wanted to grab a vintage Sure Shot just to play around with, but $40? Not that curious. I don't like floppy, so Blowfly is out. Are there any solid old DGA putter molds worth trying?

You should check out a reef. They are understable putters, but they have a very true flight inside the circle. Great for touch approaches and drives too.

Oh I have a D Reef, and its a lot of fun. It has great fade for an understable putter. I'm still figuring out accuracy from the pad, but its an awesome turnover parking disc.

So as a segway, I'm pretty confident that the Reef is the APX, but isn't it also the old DGA Atlantis? When narrowing down search results, there are a bunch of DGA disc molds I've never seen or heard of beyond the list. One of them was "Atlantis (Reef)" or maybe flip flopped, but it suggested it was the same thing.

Oh I have a D Reef, and its a lot of fun. It has great fade for an understable putter. I'm still figuring out accuracy from the pad, but its an awesome turnover parking disc.

So as a segway, I'm pretty confident that the Reef is the APX, but isn't it also the old DGA Atlantis? When narrowing down search results, there are a bunch of DGA disc molds I've never seen or heard of beyond the list. One of them was "Atlantis (Reef)" or maybe flip flopped, but it suggested it was the same thing.

Yes, before it became the Reef, it was called the Atlantis.

So did the Soft Touch or Sure Shot get renamed and put in the Discraft line?

I wasn't really shopping a new putter. I was just curious about other putter options in the DGA line. I'm comfortable w/ my Titanics, and my confidence has increased as they have broken in.

What other putters do the DGA faithful use? And don't be afraid to admit to a Wizard or whatever. I'm curious how others fill their bag

I still refuse to take my Rubber Putters out of my bag. Found one when I started playing and now I'm so comfortable with them I don't think I'll change. Otherwise my bag is all DGA.

After all this Reef love, Im considering a SP Reef now. Do you use yours often? What's your favorite shot to use it for? Is the HSS difference to D line noticeable?