• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I played 195 rounds in 2016. How about you?

blazerico

Eagle Member
Actually kept track and turns out I threw a lot of discs in 2016, mostly casual rounds and maybe 6 tournaments. All that while working full time; however, I'm single and no kids so guess i have a slight advantage over some others. Anyone else keep track?

203 rounds in 2016

I keep track of my rounds too using the Scorebook feature on this web site. The stats it keeps up with are pretty cool. My 2016 scorebook stats below shows only 202 rounds because I worked up the condensed pic before today's round.

picture.php

No idea, but I played more rounds from August 2016 to now, than I did for all of 2015. And 2017 will likely be my busiest year ever.
At least that's my plan.

Since I started using the DGCR App to keep score, literally over 99% of my rounds have been logged in my scorebook (missed a few when my battery died). Actually felt like I played too much in 2015, so I made a conscious decision to make time for other activities to avoid getting burned out on disc golf. That decision has worked quite well for me.

2016: 153 rounds... avg = 2.9 rds/wk
2015: 193 rounds... avg = 4.5 rds/wk*

*NOTE: 2015 doesn't include rounds prior to 3/8/15 (which is when I started using the app to keep score).

Last edited:
I bought a score keeping app for my cellphone at the end of April, 2015 and I have logged 258 rounds since then, mostly at my local 18 hole course. I am retired and have a lot of time to play. I live in Iowa and don't play in the snow but will play if temperatures are in upper 40 degrees.

I work across the street from a course and I'm forced to take an hour lunch. I can play the course in 45 minutes. So weather permitting, I'll play a round and eat after.

Spring/summer/early fall I'll play a round after work also.

In early December I played my 250th round at this course. Total, with tags and tournament rounds maybe 350 for the year.

223 listed, but I rarely put in tournament rounds, and several casuals didn't get thrown in. So it's probably right around 250.
I tend to get at least 3 rounds in every weekend...with some weekends logging more like 8-10.

I got into this sport as a way to exercise, and got hooked. So, I basically play everyday. I didnt track my rounds, but I try to play 18 every day. Somedays its way more, others if my arm starts getting dead, I'll play 9 and putt for awhile, or just do field work. I love it. And I live in sunny FL so weather is rarely an issue except summer thunderstorms...

I'd conservatively say 200+ rounds.

I had an off year and a messed up knee and back for a bit. Probably only 50 rounds.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 208, which is an average of four rounds per week. I'm thinking about getting the DCGR App, anyone care to provide some of their personal pros vs cons?

Last edited:
@Butlertron

I like it for scorekeeping, but:
1) it's the only score keeping app I've used, so i have no basis for comparison.

2) It's limited by the DGCR hole info page in terms of inability to easily accommodate mixing short/long tees or pin placements within a given round.

3) I wish you could view a course map (assuming it's been uploaded to DGCR) from within the scorekeeping part of the app. That way, you wouldn't have to temporarily exit the scorekeeper, then open a file to view the map. That would be sooo sweet for the traveling player.

Great for finding courses near your current location.

Last edited:
You don't want to know. As a hint, I just passed 40,000 holes played and recorded in the scorebook. I average over 30 rounds a month, so...

I have 249 logged in my scorebook for this year. There were a few rounds that I wasn't able to log for various reasons, and I very rarely log doubles rounds, so I would add another 30-40 rounds to that number. Also this month (Dec.) due to an injury I've only played 3 rounds. I would also guess I was rained out of another 20-25 rounds. I hate playing if it's more than drizzling.

I retired a couple of years ago so I'm able to play a lot more now, and it's my favorite method of getting my exercise. I'm actually getting to play too much, because the injury I mentioned earlier is tennis elbow, which I seem to have developed from playing so much.

Last year I logged 290 rounds, add 40 rounds to that for dubs and other random rounds that weren't scored.

Picked up a disc for the first time in April and still played more than 195 rounds in 2016 not including days where I only did field work according to the Disc Caddy app

Maybe I just have beginners enthusiasm?

Why did you play so little OP?

You're barely above every other day and much worse considering days where you played 2 rounds

I thought most of us here were daily players? Thought the average was like 500+ rounds per year

Last edited:
I'm more of a weekly player. I have 58 listed rounds on here, but that doesn't generally include my league or tournament rounds so my actual total is probably closer to 75 or so. The most days of playing in a row in 2016 for me was three.

333 ...

... which was my lowest total since I started playing in 2008. Dealing with tennis elbow the latter half of last year made me decide to cut back by ~100 rounds this year.

Passed the 50,000 holes played/recorded at some point last summer/fall.

Latest posts