• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Ran Over My Disc Today, On Purpose!!

valkyrie

Double Eagle Member
So today i was practicing in my back yard, and was tryn to get one of my star destroyers supuer flippy, then it occured to me! I have a car in the driveway! Hmm what would happen?

So i decided to run over one of my star destroyers, and to my surprise, it is actuly flying very straight (from what i can tell, can only throw about 150 in my backyard before it hits a tree).

Anyone else every do this? Maybe someone else ran over your disc on accident?

Hell, if it works, I'll do it. That has to be the fastest way to break in a disc I've ever heard of. lol.

Never did it on purpose. I have a buddy that swears it changes the flight path immediately. Everytime I have seen him throw an errant drive into the road it gets run over. One time there were even tire tracks on his new Star Boss. He is a sidearm thrower and loves overstable plastic. It is funny to see him run after a disc that he has thrown in the road (or towards a lake for that matter). About once every two weeks he runs after a disc and shouts "grab my bag!"

lol personally I would rather get a disc I can actually throw as opposed to messing up a new one... Might just be me though.

lol personally I would rather get a disc I can actually throw as opposed to messing up a new one... Might just be me though.

Ive got 4 other star destroyers, a champ one, a DX one and another one on the way :D This one was the most beat in to start with

Breaking in a disc

a trick that I have used for years to make a disc totaly flippy and broke in is to put it in the dryer .. put a towel or two in to muffle the sound ... but it works pretty well ... try it with a plastic you dont care about 1st to see how much time you need

funny that this topic came up. i'm fascinated by running things over in my truck to break them in. I do it with baseball gloves, couch cushions, etc. wife hates it. i've run over a disc before but I'm still a newb and not very good so I can't tell much difference.

I had a star TL that seemed more overstable then it should of been. Well one day my girlfriend threw it and it landed in the middle of the road. As soon as it hit the ground and stopped moving, a car ran right over top of it. The disc looked fine but had tire tread and dirt on it. But every since then it flies dead straight.

i'm fascinated by running things over in my truck to break them in. I do it with baseball gloves, couch cushions, etc. wife hates it.

What a great line!

I just recently tuned a 170 Star Boss. I kept it in the car on the passanger seat for 2 months and just messed with it every time I was in the car. Let it get real hot and then goof around with it while at stop lights, bend it a bit on the rim, spin it on the finger, give it the old wrist snap towards the window.

Never really threw it in a round and brought it out last week...holy monkey! Dead straight off my hand with the amazing speed everyone has talked about. It was a rusty meathook before, now it's replaced my beloved Tee Rex that I lost.

I'll have to try and experiment with running things over in my truck now.

*backswing

What a great line!

I just recently tuned a 170 Star Boss. I kept it in the car on the passanger seat for 2 months and just messed with it every time I was in the car. Let it get real hot and then goof around with it while at stop lights, bend it a bit on the rim, spin it on the finger, give it the old wrist snap towards the window.

Never really threw it in a round and brought it out last week...holy monkey! Dead straight off my hand with the amazing speed everyone has talked about. It was a rusty meathook before, now it's replaced my beloved Tee Rex that I lost.

I'll have to try and experiment with running things over in my truck now.

*backswing

well he has an old doge neon.....they weigh like 900 pounds, a truck might be overkill lol

Latest posts