• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ian's Bag 2013

^^ yeah give me a shout buddy.. not positive if i can but would really like too.. Yeah thanks for the input and honestly with the dx teebird glide is about a river lol .. and just love me some sw and have so many.. hell it and the dx teebird i have thrown since i started just gotta keep em lol

Will do! Yeah, I'm starting to learn to stick with stuff. Its why I always go back to Aviars, Rocs etc. because I've spent the most time with them and they just feel good. Plus I can go find cheap backups most anywhere lol, even though now that I've gotten a taste of old DX plastic, not sure if the new stuff will do it for me anymore.

Not much new for me really.. all n all been playing pretty well but of course would be better if i could get rounds in during the week instead of weekend action but what can you do... Still toying with the Escape but honestly havent had it in the bag the last couple weeks.. no drivers really other then SW's. I have a charity tournament this weekend and its a tad longer then most of my local courses so think the PD's are going in since i trust them and just dont have enough experience with the Escape yet but even then PD's will only been thrown if i have too since they havent been in the bag in a few weeks either. Almost time to put a fresh z-comet in the bag too but yeah other then that nothing new really still lots of Aviars,Rocs,Teebirds and Sidewinders lol

"Distance" Drivers

167 P-PD (seasoned) - workhorse line shaping PD
167 P-PD (fresh) - stable-overstable driver.. nice predictable fade.. FH shots, etc.
168 Star Sidewinder (fresh) - nice and stable.. my "beefy" sw
168 Star Sidewinder (beat) - long turnovers, rollers, hyzer flips, etc.
165 12x Champion Firebird (flat,pearly,seasoned) - overstable utility, fh,etc.

"Control" Drivers

168 Pro-line Leopard (seasoned) - oh how i love this disc.. does it all
168 11x KC Pro Teebird (flat and pearly) - the beef
168 11x Teebird (pretty fresh "CAL") - fits nicely between the seasoned CA and KC Pro.. this is what a teebird should fly like :)
168 11x Teebird (seasoned "CA") - seasoned but still has solid fade in her.. where Leo isnt enough
168 DX Teebird (seasoned) - longer & more movement then Leo, standstill, turnovers, hyzer flips, etc.

The Mids

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
171 DX Rancho Roc (beat) - turnovers, hyzerflips, just so fun to throw
174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - it can do it all and just gots to have a Comet in there
169 ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, also covers as beefy mid if needed

$ Makers

172 KC Pro Aviar [SM](seasoned) – putting putter.. perfectly seasoned
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM](beat) - upshots,drives
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM] (fresh) - more stable upshots, drives.. just needed an excuse to break in another
174 DX Small Bead Aviar (beat,old soft dx p&a) - jump putts, non power grip upshots, on the softer side

Can't wait to see those Beasts in action! Good luck in the tourney this weekend, play old man golf and you will be in great shape haha

lol i know i know.. just something about them.. hell i had some then sold them all off but couldnt resist the beasties lol ... maybe down the line could see all beast lineup but we will see but... :)

@ Streets yeah brotha i havent played that course much but if i just do my TB/Leo drives ill be just fine .. ill be a few feet behind everyone but ill make my putts and get same score lol :)

So crazy my mids/fairway/putters dont change only if i could settle on a distance driver combo with my sidewinders :doh:

Last edited:
lol i know i know.. just something about them.. hell i had some then sold them all off but couldnt resist the beasties lol ... maybe down the line could see all beast lineup but we will see but... :)

@ Streets yeah brotha i havent played that course much but if i just do my TB/Leo drives ill be just fine .. ill be a few feet behind everyone but ill make my putts and get same score lol :)

Exactly! :hfive:

Well been a minute and nothing new really.. over the weekend finally had some rounds where i felt like my oldself was shining through.. was tinkering with a few molds last time i updated and was still kinda messing with them but over the weekend i played this same bag setup and felt really comfortable with everything so think its gonna stay this way. Would like to add in an S-Pd for just extra beef and for windy days but other then that things feel good. Was thinking i might still need something for overall max d but for now the P-Pd and SW seem to doing just fine but with discs getting so fast i might have to peek at something down the road. Still been tinkering with the River and do really like it but have to figure out if it fits in between my PD and Sidewinders or if its just clutter.. so far it seems to be stuck in the middle of both lol .. Also been thinking about breaking in some new FB,Comet and Zone.. not truly needed but the ones in the bag are getting there so a fresh one could make sense but we will see.. other then that i feel really good with everything

"Distance" Drivers

167 P-PD (fresh) - stable-overstable driver.. nice predictable fade.. FH shots, etc.
168 Star Sidewinder (SSW,fresh) - nice and stable.. my "beefy" sw
168 Star Sidewinder (SSW,beat) - long turnovers, rollers, hyzer flips, etc.

"Control" Drivers

168 11x Teebird (pretty fresh "CAL") - this is what a teebird should fly like
168 DX Teebird (seasoned) - longer & more movement then Leo, standstill, turnovers, hyzer flips, etc.

The Mids

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
171 DX Rancho Roc (beat) - turnovers, hyzerflips, just so fun to throw
174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - it can do it all and just gots to have a Comet in there

$ Makers

175 KC Pro Aviar [SM] (fresh) - more stable upshots, drives.. just needed an excuse to break in another
174 DX Small Bead Aviar (beat,old soft dx p&a) - jump putts, non power grip upshots, on the softer side

MVP.. whats that? :p .. to be completely honest i have never tossed one.. had a vector once but sold it because well i have rocs and comets lol .. i have been throwing the same molds so long its hard for a new mold to really break through.. other then the stable-overstable driver slot which im never really been comfy with the SW,Teebirds, Rocs, Aviars have been the core prett much since i started.. did try the buzzz for a bit at on point in time but came running back :p .. I have tried a handful of Lat but other then discraft and innova i havent tried Gateway,Prodidgy,MVP, etc.

MVP.. whats that? :p .. to be completely honest i have never tossed one.. had a vector once but sold it because well i have rocs and comets lol .. i have been throwing the same molds so long its hard for a new mold to really break through.. other then the stable-overstable driver slot which im never really been comfy with the SW,Teebirds, Rocs, Aviars have been the core prett much since i started.. did try the buzzz for a bit at on point in time but came running back :p .. I have tried a handful of Lat but other then discraft and innova i havent tried Gateway,Prodidgy,MVP, etc.

I hear you. Throw what you're comfortable with!
Have you tried a GL Fury yet?
Try it, you'll like it!

not yet but i do have one.. just got a FR GL at 168 in a trade just havent really had a chance to try it.. sounds right up my alley just afraid it might not get along with my Sidewinders

Like the setup! I feel like you have more confidence in this line up, and probably showed over the weekend! Keep chucking brother! :thmbup:

appreciate it buddy... yeah im really comfortable with the setup and feel im ready for anything that the course may throw up at me.. will be even better once i round up a lighter S-PD for extra beef/windy day situations

thanks to digital i made a trade for an S-PD so that will go in the bag with the P-line so feeling prety comfy.. Also forgot a couple discs that go in and out of the bag.. Champ Viper, Sonic, etc. Would like to get a fresh dx teebird in rotation too and maybe a fresh comet.. might just have to cram them on in :p

"Distance" Drivers

170 S-PD(fresh) - beefy, windy day driver, etc.
168 Star Sidewinder (SSW,fresh) - nice and stable.. my "beefy" sw
168 Star Sidewinder (SSW,beat) - long turnovers, rollers, hyzer flips, etc.

"Control" Drivers

168 11x Teebird (pretty fresh "CAL") - this is what a teebird should fly like

The Mids

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (ching,lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (flat, early dx,seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
171 DX Rancho Roc (big bird,beat) - turnovers, hyzerflips, just so fun to throw

$ Makers

"Randoms" .. these may come in and out depending on course

168 Champ Mamba - wide open max distance
180 Champ Viper - overall crazy beefy fun..
172 DX Sonic - upshots that stick, tricky shots, warm up disc, etc. just fun to throw

got some Mako3 action on the way.. been a longtime Comet thrower but after throwing one a friend had at league i have to check it out lol .. First Innova release in many moons that has this guy excited

for some reason over the last few weeks i was testing a few discs to fight against my Comet for its slot and it has really just shown me that the Comet is one of a kind.. like the molds i was testing they are great too but just no Comet.. and hell i have piles of Comets and love them just for some reason felt like testing to stuff but yeah ... Comets ftw :thmbup:

So Mako's are out?

^^ yeah Mako just didnt make the cut.. had to try one since i fondled one at league but just not a Comet... i guess its winter so might as well try some stuff.. Mako3 is a VERY nice disc but with my weird slanted rim syndrome i just couldnt get over the rim.. plus well its not a Comet :p ...i could get some Comet like lines with it but just didnt have the same distance and well i can throw Rocs for that.. thats why i liked the Comet so much its almost like a longer roc for me.. somehow now im testing wizards tho lol :eek: .. got some crazy stiff white "softs" at our tourney and they feel like new age cam todd challengers.. amazing .. but yeah hope all is good with you brotha.. seems like a few things have changed in your bag too... fondled some suspects a month or so back and those things seemed like buttah

Last edited:
Its weird i've testing a few different molds over the year but nothing ive tested can ever kick out what it was trying to replace lol .. always come back to Comets or Sidewinders or whatever it is.. its funny the bag will change for a week or two out of the year but always returns to its previous state.. Not sure how the Wizards will turn out but for the rounds ive used them my putting has still been solid no noticeable change either way but throwing wise the Wizards feel and throw much better then my Aviars so who knows but i do really really like them lol :eek:

I'll admit I skipped to the last page. You mention the Mako not replacing the Comet. Have you tried a Flying Squirrel. They throw pretty similarly for me.

Latest posts