• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ian's Bag 2013

I almost got some Escapes, but then I snagged that worked in Beast.

So have you decided Roc vs. Buzzz yet?

^^ oh yeah rocs are back in lol .. gave the buzzz a few rounds and threw it well but just not the same i need me some gritty grippy glidey baseline goodness lol .. even more so with all this damn rain... yeah i still have my beasts too and do have some confidence in them if needed down the road

Last edited:
I second bio being more stable. It is a little beefier than a TD, you can really crank on an escape. But if you get a lighter lucid and beat it in a little bit it will be similar to a TD

awesome.. sounds like at my arm speed it will do what im looking for.. just want something to pair with my sidewinders.. i use fresh/seasoned for anything from slight hyzers to turnovers so need something that i can count on it fading but still not so stable that i can get any d lol

^^ i do have one.. thats part of it too.. i have only thrown it a few times.. pretty beefy for me.. its a proto star tho dunno if that change anything.. but yeah watching him throw them is a thing of beauty... i really need to get rid of all my buzzz lol .. once i year ill break them out to sell a couple and end up feeling them up and wanting to throw them.. only to come running back to my beloved rocs

^^ i do have one.. thats part of it too.. i have only thrown it a few times.. pretty beefy for me.. its a proto star tho dunno if that change anything.. but yeah watching him throw them is a thing of beauty... i really need to get rid of all my buzzz lol .. once i year ill break them out to sell a couple and end up feeling them up and wanting to throw them.. only to come running back to my beloved rocs

Awesome! I'm going to start a Roc cycle soon, I got a beat DX Ontario on the way, picked up some sweet X Out tourneys at PIAS today (new DX but Ontario molds). Also picked up a Roc3 and a Glow Roc. ( I won some cash last night so I don't feel at all guilty about all the Rocs :)

I highly recommend the escape, especially based on your bag right now. If you get a max weight biofuzion (beefy) and a light weight lucid (has some HSS) you can hit crazy lines with them. I've gotten the Escapes out past 350' on FH's

^^^ thanks buddy.. yeah i just got my biofusion in the mail yesterday she is at 171.. then got two pink lucids on the way.. one new and one seasoned both around 168g.. so stoked to test them out... the bio and normla fusion about the same stability wise? .. and nice to hear they can handle some FH action too.. was kinda curious about that

They don't have a production run fuzion escape yet and I think it varies from disc to disc but the short answer is yes. I have bio fusion and fusion trespasses and they are pretty close, I think the bio have more LSS and the fusion have more HSS

^^ oh ok gotcha.. i was thinking they already had fusion, bio, and lucid.. but yeah disc feels great in the hand.. really stoked to get out and toss them this weekend.. maybe a few this afternoon if the rain stays away.. but thinking gonna try them and just Sidwinders for now and if needed ill re-visit and put a pd or two in if needed but thinking ill be ok without them for now while i test

I managed to get a few throws in with the Escapes and so far really think im going to like it.. again only a couple field throws but the biofuzion was as you guys said a lot beefier then my lucid.. but its 171 where the lucid is 167 so im sure that plays in too but on the Bio i could throw it flat and get a nice dependable forward fade at the end and was able to put a good bit of anny on it and could trust it would come back out of it so seems like she could be a nice line shaper. I loved the Lucid.. hella glide and does have more turn but wow i can tell this thing is gonna be a blast to throw :) .. I have those two in the bag now to give them a true test but i will keep you posted. Im hoping i can use the bio as my stable-overstable and windy day driver but need some good wind to truly test :) and the lucid is just a flat out workhorse driver

thanks guys.. will keep you posted on how they perform :) .. here is the current setup.. depending on course a SW/Aviar might come out and extra Comet/Roc/Teebirds added

"Distance" Drivers

167 Lucid Escape - all around workhorse driver
171 BioFusion Escape - stable to overstable/ windy day driver
168 Star Sidewinder (fresh) - nice and stable.. my "beefy" sw
168 Star Sidewinder (beat) - long turnovers, rollers, hyzer flips, etc.
165 12x Champion Firebird (flat,pearly,seasoned) - overstable utility, fh,etc.

"Control" Drivers

168 Pro-line Leopard (seasoned) - oh how i love this disc.. does it all
168 11x KC Pro Teebird (flat and pearly) - the beef
168 11x Teebird (seasoned) - seasoned but still has solid fade in her.. where Leo isnt enough
168 DX Teebird (seasoned) - longer & more movement then Leo, standstill, turnovers, hyzer flips, etc.

The Mids

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
171 DX Rancho Roc (beat) - turnovers, hyzerflips, just so fun to throw
174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - it can do it all and just gots to have a Comet in there
169 ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, also covers as beefy mid if needed

$ Makers

172 KC Pro Aviar [SM](seasoned) – putting putter.. perfectly seasoned
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM](beat) - upshots,drives
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM] (fresh) - more stable upshots, drives.. just needed an excuse to break in another
174 DX Small Bead Aviar (beat,old soft dx p&a) - jump putts, non power grip upshots, on the softer side

^Can't wait to see those Escapes in action! Solid as usual!

^^ had fun playing yesterday buddy.. was good to get back to the Trails.. Escapes were flying pretty beefy the couple times i tossed them.. the Lucid seemed to act lil beefier then when i was throwing it in the field but still very nice and seems like it will pair very nicely with the SW's.. just want to get them broken in so i can see if that glide rating is for real lol ... but yeah was fun throwing beat up rocs around with ya :thmbup:

Dude always! Yeah once the escapesbreak in they are gonna be sweet! Its nice to have another roc thrower in a buzzz heavy area! :thmbup:

lol no doubt.. yeah was good to get the mind clear for a bit with all the crazyness going on so much appreciated!

got to play a tad bit lately.. just couple rounds but yeah been loving the dx rocs..as always :p.. just so fun to throw.. also been throwing my dx teebird a lot more lately.. the sweetness of baseline goodness gets so overlooked somtimes and actually been enjoying it so i believe im going to add in a fresh dx teebird. Been tossing the Escapes and so far been pretty stable for me but for the role i was needing it seems to fit the bill... can get a good predictable fade at the end of its flight and been fun to FH. Also been tinkering with my Rivers a lil bit again :eek: .. think its the Escapes fault lol.. with the glide i can really throw the River as far as anything but it would fit the role of my SW's and really dont know how i could take them out :\ .. oh and tossed a Mamba i have had forever and never thrown a couple times too.. but yeah its sneaky long too.. lil faster then i like to throw but i might continue to test it for wideopen distance.. main problem is committing to a main driver other then my SW's .. had good runs with Beasts and ND Surges.. also with P-PD's.. now the Escape lol .. ugghhh .. i really like to limit molds so tough for me to go with a three mold lineup which wouldnt even been that bad.. maybe SW..Beast..Escape.. but kinda hope the Escape could season in and cover it all but i def get best D from the Beasts

Last edited:
got to play a tad bit lately.. just couple rounds but yeah been loving the dx rocs..as always :p.. just so fun to throw.. also been throwing my dx teebird a lot more lately.. the sweetness of baseline goodness gets so overlooked somtimes and actually been enjoying it so i believe im going to add in a fresh dx teebird. Been tossing the Escapes and so far been pretty stable for me but for the role i was needing it seems to fit the bill... can get a good predictable fade at the end of its flight and been fun to FH. Also been tinkering with my Rivers a lil bit again :eek: .. think its the Escapes fault lol.. with the glide i can really throw the River as far as anything but it would fit the role of my SW's and really dont know how i could take them out :\ .. oh and tossed a Mamba i have had forever and never thrown a couple times too.. but yeah its sneaky long too.. lil faster then i like to throw but i might continue to test it for wideopen distance.. main problem is committing to a main driver other then my SW's .. had good runs with Beasts and ND Surges.. also with P-PD's.. now the Escape lol .. ugghhh .. i really like to limit molds so tough for me to go with a three mold lineup which wouldnt even been that bad.. maybe SW..Beast..Escape.. but kinda hope the Escape could season in and cover it all but i def get best D from the Beasts

Mamba's are tasty! I used to run those as distance drivers but my form at the time was bad and ended up losing them on bad turnover shots lol. I'd pair the SWs and Escapes together for awhile and work with them. Don't sweat the Rivers, Beasts etc. until you get a really good feel for the Escapes. You up for a round or two this week?

Latest posts