• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ian's Bag 2013

If you can't encourage someone in their own bag thread, I don't know where ya can :) Honestly if you find another disc that throws exactly the same, that would just be filed under a "nice to know" thing IMO. Unless the company stopped producing your preferred disc or screwed up the mold or something (Destrulcan anyone?). Comet and Flying Squirrel are very close, so the only reason to really switch would be b/c you want an awesome flying squirrel picture on the discs you throw heh. I actually don't regularly bag my Comets, but have the Squirrel. I like the Comets fine and do well w/them when I take them out, but I bought them more for field work.

Don't encourage him! :p

lol :p
If you can't encourage someone in their own bag thread, I don't know where ya can :) Honestly if you find another disc that throws exactly the same, that would just be filed under a "nice to know" thing IMO. Unless the company stopped producing your preferred disc or screwed up the mold or something (Destrulcan anyone?). Comet and Flying Squirrel are very close, so the only reason to really switch would be b/c you want an awesome flying squirrel picture on the discs you throw heh. I actually don't regularly bag my Comets, but have the Squirrel. I like the Comets fine and do well w/them when I take them out, but I bought them more for field work.

nah to be honest i havent ever really seen any ABC stuff.. have heard good things about the SS and maybe SecretWeapon? .. but if i happen to stumble on one ill check it out dude.. but yeah do love my Comets.. really wasnt looking to replace them or anything just dude had a Mako3 and i tossed it a couple times and was like yeah i need to check one out lol .. it is nice but just not nice enough :p

WOW some big big changes since the last update.. its winter so figured what the hell lets try some stuff.. changed the lineup for the last two weeks and my run-up this last weekend and had great results some of my longest throws since i kinda "lost" it last year lol but yeah looking like this for but do have a Underworld on the way to test out but thus far have been very impressed with the Fury and Stag... this is WAY WAY more molds then im used too but has been working thus far but boy oh boy does it feel weird not having Teebirds or Leos in the bag :eek:

167 Champ Mamba - all around "open" max distance
167 TP Stag - the beef.. loving this thing.. very much like my beefy 11x teebirds
168 GL Fury - understable goodness.. anything from flip flat to turnovers.. sneaky long
168 GL River - glidey straight goodness.. all around line shaper
165 Champion Firebird - beefy utility , fh, fh rollers, etc.

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (ching,lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (flat, early dx,seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
170 J-Bird Ontario Roc (flat, beat) - oh so flippy but oh so fun
174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - it can do it all and just gots to have a Comet in there
169 ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, also covers as beefy mid if needed

175 SS "KC Pro" Wizard (suppa stiff) - all around putting
175 SS "KC Pro" Wizard (suppa stiff) - practice putter / beefy driving putter
170 S Wizard (seasoned) - upshots, jump putts, main driving putter

Even with all the changes it still looks like solid brotha.

The Fury surprised me too at how easy it was to flip and turnover. I've had some of my best drives on a nemesis hole of mine where a slight turn puts you in the ideal position. I 3'd it three times through a couple weeks ago which was much better than the 4's & 5's I would rock before. That said, I recently traded for a Legacy Bandit and started a Battle Royale for the understable control driver role :|

^^ yupp i have the Bandit in sights too lol .. that and the Mongoose but i have yet to throw any Legacy but wow was very surprised with both the Fury and Stag over the weekend.. and they took the spot of 11x Teebirds and Pro-line Leopards so around $100 cheaper lol .. dunno how it will go but for now im very happy with them just give it a few more weeks for a solid test run but appreciate it buddy and hope you had a good turkey day!!!

So far so good.. the new run up/form has been working really well when its on.. i just have to dial it in.. will have really good rounds and then some not so hot .. like yesterday .. shot as good as -4 and as poorly as +3 but i think it will come with time. Still loving the Wizards and still enjoying the euro drivers gonna continue to test them through the winter.. but yeah all n all things have been pretty good just mostly on me just getting out there and dialing some stuff in.. oh and forgot been tinkering with the Underworld for hyzerflippy goodness and so far digging it too .. feels very very odd having so many molds.. Underworld/Fury/River/Stag where in the past i would be one or two but i guess in the long run if it works, it works ..

wow i had a rough day playing yesterday lol .. day before was actually pretty darn solid but yesterday was a bit off :\ .. have enjoyed throwing most of the euro stuff but im def starting to miss a few of my oldies.. Teebirds,Leopards,Sidewinders.. just odd not having them but wanted to give the euro stuff an honest chance and test them for a longer period then i have in the past.. Pretty much decided the Teebirds are going back in over the Stag and prob River.. still uncertain on the Fury and Underworld i have enjoyed those the most but i think i can cover those same shots with beat leo or dx teebird then my normal Sidewinders and i already have confidence in those molds.. might just be jumping the gun b/c it just such an odd round yesterday but needless to say i have some rearranging to do

Would most likey look something like this ...... Also i wouldnt really carry all these depending on course a PD,SW and Roc would most likey rotate in and out ... Gonna hit the fields this week and test the Fury and Underworld vs my Sidewinders and DX TB's but this is pretty much what i was throwing before testing the euro plastic.. all n all the molds and plastic are great but nothing has really blown me away enough to steer me away from what i was already throwing plus i have backups for all these and hell i will worry about replacing expensive Leopards and Teebirds when i run out lol

167 Champ Mamba - all around "open" max distance
167 P-PD (seasoned) - line shaping Max D
167 P-PD (fresh) - nice longer teebird ;p
170 S-PD - the beeef
168 Star Sidewinder (ssw,beat) - turnovers,hyzer flips, rollers, etc.
168 Star Sidewinder (ssw,fresh) - line shaping SW
165 Champion Firebird - beefy utility , fh, fh rollers, etc.

168 11x KC Pro Teebird - good ole beef
168 11x Teebird (CAL) - nice true TB flight
168 12x Teebird (seasoned) - still has some fade left, good shaper
168 DX Teebird (beat) - flippy goodness
168 Pro-line Leopard (taffy,seasoned) - what do you need to say.. she is a Leo

176 Flat Top Rancho Roc (ching,lightly seasoned) - my beefy windy day roc
175 DX Rancho Roc (flat, early dx,seasoned) - all around line shaping roc.. can cover so so many lines
170 DX Big Bird Roc (rancho,seasoned) - fits well between the beat and seasoned.. nice and straight
170 J-Bird Ontario Roc (flat, beat) - oh so flippy but oh so fun
174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - it can do it all and just gots to have a Comet in there
169 ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, also covers as beefy mid if needed

175 SS "KC Pro" Wizard (suppa stiff) - all around putting
175 SS "KC Pro" Wizard (suppa stiff) - practice putter / beefy driving putter
175 OG Wizard (stiff,fresh) - driving putter
170 S Wizard (seasoned) - upshots, jump putts

i will say it sure does feel good having this combo back in my bag :p

Attachments

• leo tb.jpg
    leo tb.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18