• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
just picked up a disc that was described as a star rancho roc...

it came in...and definitely not star...so im thinking SE....

i cant make out the washed stamp on a photo...so im going from what i can intepret...

it looks to be a Special Edition Super Roc w/ the old Innova Bar stamp. the plastic feels like a pro/ce plenty...almost taffy like....

anyone have any insight?

just picked up a disc that was described as a star rancho roc...

it came in...and definitely not star...so im thinking SE....

i cant make out the washed stamp on a photo...so im going from what i can intepret...

it looks to be a Special Edition Super Roc w/ the old Innova Bar stamp. the plastic feels like a pro/ce plenty...almost taffy like....

anyone have any insight?

looks like this:
65.jpg

looks like this:
65.jpg

The guy's got nerve trying to pass that off as Star, guess he didn't send you a pic first. ;) I understand that SE plastic can vary a lot, from CE to extra non-durable, mine have fallen into the latter category. If your's are like mine and you need a Roc that will beat in dramatically and quickly (faster than DX) this one should be your huckleberry. :thmbup: FYI, mine were very high gloss with an expensive feel when new.

The guy's got nerve trying to pass that off as Star, guess he didn't send you a pic first. ;) I understand that SE plastic can vary a lot, from CE to extra non-durable, mine have fallen into the latter category. If your's are like mine and you need a Roc that will beat in dramatically and quickly (faster than DX) this one should be your huckleberry. :thmbup: FYI, mine were very high gloss with an expensive feel when new.

this has a wash stamped...and looks like im the 3-4th owner. it's got some wear but no nick/gouges like a chunky pro disc...

it's a pro plastic roc they did as a worlds fundraiser in the late 90's (i think- dates get hazy)- they are actually still in some demand... they do beat up quickly. some of them were dyed as well- the dyed ones tended to get all flaky after a while...

Are you sure that's just Pro? The SE Super Rocs I had with that stamp were damn near indestructible; didn't chunk and stayed stable a long, long time. It was the most durable of the SE discs I remember.

Are you sure that's just Pro? The SE Super Rocs I had with that stamp were damn near indestructible; didn't chunk and stayed stable a long, long time. It was the most durable of the SE discs I remember.

this roc...just happens to be to be formerly owned by a person whom i got my ce roc from....and he threw heady plastic.....it feels more CE/taffy then pro..

I've never heard that they were straight Pro before. If that was the case I would have expected them to wear like an Aurora MS of that era, and I remembered the SE Super Rocs being more durable than that. Maybe it was the bead? At any rate, I thought they were more durable than your average Millennium/KC Pro disc (which was the standard for "durable" at the time.) It would be really hard to compare that to today since that was waaayyy before CE or Z. Maybe it was all in my head...:\

I've never heard that they were straight Pro before. If that was the case I would have expected them to wear like an Aurora MS of that era, and I remembered the SE Super Rocs being more durable than that. Maybe it was the bead? At any rate, I thought they were more durable than your average Millennium/KC Pro disc (which was the standard for "durable" at the time.) It would be really hard to compare that to today since that was waaayyy before CE or Z. Maybe it was all in my head...:\

I don't think it was all in your head.
The one and only roc I've ever liked was a special edition super roc like the one posted except mine was tye dye and it was super durable as well.
Too bad it didn't float :\
Looking back it kind of reminded me of star plastic

Nah, the later Super Rocs were just Pro plastic Rocs sold as World's fundraisers.

It was only the proto SE Super Rocs with the "Choice of Champions" stamp and the SE Super Rocs with the barstamp (like in the picture) that were really any good. The barstamped ones were the best. Other than those two runs, the Super Roc wasn't very super.

if you have an innova glide i'd hang on to it... it is one of a kind...

a discraft glide on the other hand is a flippy midrange/fairway driver-ish thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.