• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet that's it, thanks man. Compared it to an orc and it has a slightly shorter lip but very similar slope with a lip on the edge. It's pancake flat like an 11x fb so I'm kinda stumped, especially if its from 2010. What would be so new and so flat?

Bought this off a buddy, not sure what it is. He told me he thought it was a TL, but it is champion plastic, so that can't be right. The weight/id on the back is completely faded.

What do you guys think? Similar plate width as a teebird/leopard, the lip looks a lot like a leopard. It has way more hss than a leopard though. It flies much like a teebird, with slightly less fade.

EfuJPh.jpg

VYfgAh.jpg

VNC2ch.jpg

It's a TL. There were pearly Champ TL's made with tournament stamps and with the protostar stamps back in 2003-2004.

I bought this gazelle on ebay last week. I was expecting more of a candy/ce feel but after getting it I think its more of a se/dx plastic and hardly translucent. I'm no expert but I can def tell that this plastic is different than any 10x or 11x I've ever seen.

Also, all of the 9x gazelles I see are circle stamps with all of the championship years listed. Now I've seen tbs with this 9x bar stamp but never a gazelle. So I'm just totally lost on this one.

Can anyone explain the difference in plastic? Know when these were ran? TIA for any info.

IMAG0075-1.jpg

IMAG0076-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a story behind this disc? I'm not so much curious about the stamp, I've googled that and found some stuff, but again, not concerned about the tournament stamp.

But how it's stamped makes me curious about the run, specifically how it says "Discraft Buzzz .5" at the top and "Mid Range Driver Elite Z" at the bottom. Does this specify anything about a particular run, or is this how Z Buzzzes are often stamped for tournaments?

Attachments

• Photo0210.jpg
    Photo0210.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
Anyone have a story behind this disc? I'm not so much curious about the stamp, I've googled that and found nothing.

But how it's stamped makes me curious about the run, specifically how it says "Discraft Buzzz .5" at the top and "Mid Range Driver Elite Z" at the bottom. Does this specify anything about a particular run, or is this how Z Buzzzes are often stamped for tournaments?

all tourney stamped and/or tyedyes are stamped this way.
that is nice and pearly though!

All right, thanks! :thmbup:
I'm trying to decide if I want to wipe the stamp off... the goat just sort of takes away from the beauty of the disc.

run your fingers over the goat part, if its super bumpy, I wouldn't wipe it.
discraft tends to hotstamp reallydeep and wiping a stamp can leave it way uglier. if it feels more like it's silkscreened, I would test on some of the lettering in the bottom right of the goat stamp and see how it goes...
best of luck and post pics if/when you do!!

It's super smooth, and when I got the disc, the first thing I did was scrub it clean and the sponge I was using left some residue from the stamp in blotches. I will see what happens with the lettering!

nice!
:hfive:

Well, it mostly came off. There's some white residue along some lines of the stamp, and you can definitely still see the stamp in some light. Right now I'm letting some hot water soak on the flight plate to try to flatten it out.

Anyways to get rid of the emboss of the stamp?

Well, it mostly came off. There's some white residue along some lines of the stamp, and you can definitely still see the stamp in some light. Right now I'm letting some hot water soak on the flight plate to try to flatten it out.

Anyways to get rid of the emboss of the stamp?

nope. that's kinda stuck..

so i was looking at my zephyr today, and i noticed that it had a "patent pending" tooling. I bought it from a shop not to long ago.
so the question i was wondering is, is it really that old of a disc? or did they just never retool the mold?
also, does the Zephyr even fall under the beveled edge disc patent?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts