• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If DGCR meets at Idlewild in June/July

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
I was planning on playing it this summer, I just figured out that it's been about 4 years since I've played it,and after going down and playing Lexington,KY., for the first time. I just checked the tourney calendar and Sat. June 19th looks promising. Say a 11:00 tee time? That should give us enough time to either play it twice or finish our road trips.

How confident are you that you would attend a meet at Idlewild in Burlington, KY.

This poll is simply to see if there will be enough support to garner a national event at Idlewild. This is in no way meant to rule out regional events.

As long as family and medical stuff doesn't prevent me, I'm there!

I believe I'm totally free the weekend of June 19th, so it's likely I could make that date.

Live less that 2 miles from Idlewild let me know. Can party at my house afterwards.

I was planning on playing it this summer, I just figured out that it's been about 4 years since I've played it,and after going down and playing Lexington,KY., for the first time. I just checked the tourney calendar and Sat. June 19th looks promising. Say a 11:00 tee time? That should give us enough time to either play it twice or finish our road trips.
I will be there but to play a tourney. The 19th is the GCFDA course challenge tourney that day. It would probably be a bad day for a meet.

GCFDA Course challenge schedule

If anyone wants to head up there sometime in late July/Early August, let me know. I'd love to do it then. Hotter than Hades, but hey--it's Idlewild! Mosquitos big as choppers and enough poison ivy to make you one big welt!

Anyone up for this?

I was asking about Idlewild, since it's only an hour's drive for me. Don't want to step on any toes, just asking for possible comrades...

Not toe crunching. Hey it would cool as jello if someone would step up and organize a meet at Idlewild. The more meets, the better. The poll was made public so you can see the people interested in going.
I'd love to help organize, but it's physically too far for me to know for sure if i could make it.

I can organize it, but I have *no clue* how to. I live an hour away, so it's not too far. I know the course and surroundings very well.

Thoughts? Anyone still interested, since it's the last minute? Maybe beginning of August?

Hey if you guys are serious I'll organize one I live less than 2 miles away. I'll even personally make sure the course is in as immaculate condition as it can be. How many ppl do you guys usually get at these meets?