• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] if you could only have 1 disc to throw what would it be?

I should say cyclone since that was all I carried for a few years in the early nineties. I'm more of a Leopard guy now so that would work.

i misplaced my old seasoned from the 90s dx viper, so i'd have to go with my star leopard. good distance potential+ can work left or right+rolling.

Another vote for the Stalker. All day every day. I would go with Glo. I have played one disc challenges with my friends. They play with Buzzes or Rocs and I play with my Stalker, I do better by a couple of strokes because putting in a drop in birdie is always easier with a driver than putting it in from 40' out.

Interesting, I may need to try this with an FD or perhaps the Val Jenkins TL which is nice and stiff. I've played around putting with it before and can sometimes hit it lights out from 25-30 feet. Never thought about using it for a one disc round but I think you may be on to something there.

Given that I played hundreds of 1 disc rounds in college with an Eagle, I tend to lean that way. It's a versatile disc that I can throw backhand, forehand, and thumber to cover all shot shapes, and it held up well on the relatively open, fairly windy course I played at the time. There aren't many other discs I can think of that I'm as comfortable throwing regardless of which direction the wind is blowing from.

But on a shorter course and a windy day, either a Buzzz or MVP Proto putter (depending on length of the course)

Shorter course/calm day: Theory or JK Avair, again depending on length of the course.

But if you just told me to get on a plane to play a mystery course, but that I could only bring disc it would be an Eagle for sure.

For me, probably a GL River. Putts amazingly well for a Fairway.

Other options: Claymore, Mace, GL Pure......

My 171 truth. People say they don't power down well but I have no trouble with mine. I love it, sometimes more than my wife, but that's a secret.

Latest posts