• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If you HAD to be sponsored by one company

Probably Innova as Im most familiar and comfortable with their molds I bag. Second would be a Trilogy brand. eeny meeny miny moe decision

When in doubt, go with whoever throws more $$$ at you.

In a year or two, I'd bet on Kastaplast when they have more molds.
For now, Discmania.

Innova since I throw 150 drivers and they have the most selections and I'm familiar with their drivers the most.

Everything else would be a crapshoot, but I suppose I would survive.

( Cuz I'd be sponsored, which would mean I'm playing better than I am now)

Pigs, leopards, and firebirds would make me innova. It would rough switching from buzzes to rocs.

Innova b/c of the Rhyno. I generally throw a mixed bag, but the Rhyno is my favorite mold and would have trouble replacing it with any of the other companies and still having a complete lineup. If you count Trilogy as one company I could probably make due with the harp (which I do throw, but for different shots than Rhyno) and the rest of the lineup, but Innova really does have the most complete lineup. Can't think of any non Innova I throw that could not be replaced by something from Innova.

Innova...only problem would maybe be sorting out a throwing putter. But Teebird, Destroyer, Firebird...too many good ones.

Then Discmania...not as many discs but the amount of solid molds seems to be high.

Then Trilogy...likely DD if only one of them.

Innova. I could go back to cycling rocs and try an orc or Viking or starfire instead of a pd. Toss a firebird and an xcal in there and I'm good.

I'd like to do discmania instead though.

MVP/axiom I am already there just not getting paid for it. Only disc id miss is my z zone. But it rarely gets pulled anyway.

Tough...but probably MVP/Axiom. They now fill basically every slot needed (besides big bomb 13 drivers which I don't use anyways, although I guess I would if I was good enough to be sponsored), and I just love the accuracy and predictability I have found in their discs that I have thrown.

But it would be tough...plenty of discs from other brands that I thoroughly enjoy. Westside would probably be second, maybe first if they had a truly Buzzz like mid.

Trilogy all the way. 3 companies worth of molds all made by the same manufacturer. Yes please. I can't live without the Lat 64 Pure.

Mvp Axiom for me. Great putters and of course the Volt

2nd would be Innova, because they have some overmolds too :)

Seriously tho, Innova has a huge selection to choose from and so many other discs are copies of theirs. McBeth seems to be doing just fine with a rather small amount of molds.

There is only one company that I would ever play disc golf for.

I think the original question was, "If you had to be SPONSORED by one company," not "If you only could throw discs from one company." I would DEFINITELY go with an Innova sponsorship, but Innova lets their pros throw some Discmania and Millennium molds as well (so koda could keep his PD's). My bag is almost all Innova already except the Scorpius, which I could still throw with an Innova sponsorship, and the Fission Volt which I could replace with either a beat TeeBird or a Star TL.

If I were only able to throw one company's molds under the sponsorship, it would still be Innova, but I would have to go back to trying to beat in Destroyers or bagging some combination of Destroyers/Terns/Bosses instead of just Scorpiuses. I like the Scorpius an awful lot, but I think the combination of Colt/Pig/Roc/TeeBird would still outweigh it.

Honestly, my second answer would probably be Prodigy, not because I like the company, but because I bought most of their molds when they first came out, and I definitely think I could build a very sold bag with just Prodigy molds. I haven't thrown enough Trilogy molds to be confident with them, and their molds I have thrown never really clicked with me.

Innova. The Wizard and Buzzz are more valuable than any other discs I throw, but it would be easy enough to throw Aviar/Roc/TeeBird/Firebird/Destroyer.

Latest posts