• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you had your own disc company how would you name your discs?

I would name then all in binary so only nerds could figure it out.

I threw my 01110011 01101000 01100001 01110010 01101011 but quickly realized I should have thrown a 01010110 01100001 01101100 01101011 01111001 01110010 01101001 01100101

actual discs in that code btw

Something doesn't sit right with me when a number, be it binary, hex, or decimal, begins with a zero. It's like saying, "my daughter is 0005 years old." Then, I realized that numbers cannot actually be converted to letters without the ASCII convention to do so. Unfortunately, that convention has no qualms about leading zeroes.

In fact, in binary, 1 is the same as 01, which is the same as 001.. It is only ASCII that claims them to be different identifiers. In that sense, what is written above is not true binary.

Last edited:
Something doesn't sit right with me when a number, be it binary, hex, or decimal, begins with a zero. It's like saying, "my daughter is 0005 years old." Then, I realized that numbers cannot actually be converted to letters without the ASCII convention to do so. Unfortunately, that convention has no qualms about leading zeroes.

In fact, in binary, 1 is the same as 01, which is the same as 001.. It is only ASCII that claims them to be different identifiers. In that sense, what is written above is not true binary.

Duh, Doesn't everybody know that :confused:

Weapons
Putters - fist, club, stick, knife
Mids - spear, sling, arrow, grenade
Fairway - rifle, laser, mortar
Drivers - missile, howitzer, cannon, rocket
Max D - ICBM, bomber

I hate to give away all my good ideas but I'm never gonna start a disc company.

I would do it music themed. So for your understable line of discs I would take a chord progression which represents understable flight with no repeating chords and start at the first chord and make that the slowest disc and go through each speed and chord that way. Repeat for other full lines, like a stable line, neutral line, and overstable line. Then for categories which don't dictate a full line, just take a few chords which go together (like all along the watchtower, a V/I, or substituted V/I) and represent niche of discs . You could definitely go places with the music theme in terms of further marketing and development.

Last edited:
One that might work would be one based on Chess Pieces, with multiple piece names corresponding to stability, call the company Checkmate Disc.

Rex (used latin for king since that name is taken but stamp would be ruler type figure) - Stable to Overstable max distance driver

Queen - Glidey Understable max distance driver

Bishop's 1 and 2 - understable and overstable control drivers

Knight's 1 and 2 - stable and understable fairway drivers

Rook's 1 and 2 - neutral tweener putter/small diameter mid, pure overstable tweener putter/fairway driver

Pawn - Stable beadless putter, can add several runs with beads, spacers, or other tweaks to expand line-up

Overstable driver - Stringer
Straight driver - Mouzone
Understable driver - Slim

Overstable mid - Bunk
Straight mid - McNulty
Understable mid - Carver

Driving putter - Herc
Putting putter - Omar

They have a network. How about a SEC disc company? personally, I'd throw a Volunteer but many I live near would be tossing Rebels or Bulldawgs. Rarely, would I even touch a Gator or Tiger.

:)

I would name then all in binary so only nerds could figure it out.

I threw my 01110011 01101000 01100001 01110010 01101011 but quickly realized I should have thrown a 01010110 01100001 01101100 01101011 01111001 01110010 01101001 01100101

actual discs in that code btw

So like all of us......:D

PLANETS
Mercury- Small diameter, rock hard and fast
Venus- Hot driver
Earth- Putter
Mars- Small diameter midrange
Asteroid belt- Arrives broken in the mail or breaks on first impact
Jupiter- 30 cm outside disc diameter, only available in 200g
Saturn- Large diameter with flight rings (TM)... Floats in water
Uranus- Flips on it's side when thrown hard
Neptune- Over stable high speed wind disc
Pluto- 20.9 cm outside disc diameter with a "Neil Degrasse Tyson" hotstamp.

MOONS?

Gods and Legendary Heros

or

Demons and Legendary Mosters/Villians