• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If your bag was lost, what would you buy to play a tourney?

holy crap

take away a zero and i paid under that for my whole set up

hopefully you live in a safe area

I don't leave my stuff in my car/truck...so not a lot of chance of having it stolen (or if I do, it's a small bag with stock discs that are easily replaceable). I'm probably best described as a disc "collector" who simply likes to throw my expensive/pretty collection. lol

I don't leave my stuff in my car/truck...so not a lot of chance of having it stolen (or if I do, it's a small bag with stock discs that are easily replaceable). I'm probably best described as a disc "collector" who simply likes to throw my expensive/pretty collection. lol

still cheaper than ball golf

I think i am going to play our next mini with the 5 I listed to see how I do.

I played Berg, Cobra, Drone, Teebird, Tern yesterday and shot well. Missed putting with the Clutch and it was my first time using the Tern...had a blast with my old friend Cobra. Hadn't thrown it much in many rounds but it was my go-to all day.

It really is nuts I (we) can shoot just as well with a bag like that as with a full 20+ setup.

holy crap

25 tour series discs x $25 = $625. Imaginary $400 bag = $1025. Golden Retriever and DD Pole grabber jawn $75ish = $1100 roughly.

...$900 in diamonds?

I played Berg, Cobra, Drone, Teebird, Tern yesterday and shot well. Missed putting with the Clutch and it was my first time using the Tern...had a blast with my old friend Cobra. Hadn't thrown it much in many rounds but it was my go-to all day.

It really is nuts I (we) can shoot just as well with a bag like that as with a full 20+ setup.

25 tour series discs x $25 = $625. Imaginary $400 bag = $1025. Golden Retriever and DD Pole grabber jawn $75ish = $1100 roughly.

...$900 in diamonds?

11x or die mf

holy crap

Yeah I think I'm $70 cad for bag and maybe a 35 dollar avg for a max of 10 discs.. So 420 cad, or 300US

Couple used discs a few custom/se rest stock discs. Maybe $50 in weed and a $140 vaporizer.

Last edited:
Well I tried a fresh bag for dubs, didn't take the ohm, I've thrown it too much for it to be fresh. Used the comet/uplink instead.

Short answer is knowing what my big Z comet would do under power might have helped haha. It did a little wandering. The uplink took over comet duties. Insanity was good. Soft Falk was a pleasant surprise... nice disc 1/2 the time haha. Volt was too stable just no anhyzer turn/ stretch at all.

Should have put more faith in hex/ uplink pairing rather than leaning on the squirrelly Comet.. And by squirrelly I mean it was less stable or lighter than the 173/4 sticker. I like it but need a day or two for me to tune that in.

Big surprise, the electron soft 174 envy hit all the putts. It was seamless. Which is good because the other backup I've been working in hit some rocks in the 5th throw and chewed the bottom, its not quite right anymore. So note to self keep a fresh one on the shelf.

Should have put more faith in hex/ uplink pairing rather than leaning on the squirrelly Comet.. And by squirrelly I mean it was less stable or lighter than the 173/4 sticker. I like it but need a day or two for me to tune that in.

I've gone back and forth with hex/buzzz but I think the hex has definitively pushed the buzzz out. Comets are great discs but just a little too under stable for my liking. Reactor/hex/uplink is a grey midrange set up.

But to the original topic if I lost my entire bag? If I did it over I think I'd buy pairs of discs to have one beat in and another freshie. But if I had to enter a tournament right away?

2x pure zero hard (I'm not gonna count these towards the 8)

174 Eclipse envy
174 Electron envy
178 Eclipse Reactor
178 Neutron Hex
174 Neutron Crave
172 Neutron Wrath
172 Proton Insanity
171 ESP Zeus

I could swap out the reactor/hex for trust/fuse but honestly I really like the MVP stuff and would probably try to acquire that as it's what I'm most comfortable with.

Latest posts