• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If your bag was lost, what would you buy to play a tourney?

Could go with a lot of different molds but this is what I would want;

Shallow beadless putter; Swan2, Atom, P model US
OS approach; A2, Harp, Tactic, Zone
OS mid; justice, deflector, pyro
Stable fairway; stag, teebird
OS fairway; flare, Firebird, felon, motion
Stable distance driver; kahu, curl, wraith
OS distance driver; warhorse, adder, Bowie, enforcer

If they had a Stego, I would want it too…

Judge
Get Freaky Zone
Buzzz ESP 175g
Leopard3 Halo
Star Valkrie 170g
ESP Heat 172g

I can survive with that and buy lunch with the rest to reduce my stress level. A boy gotta eat! LOL

Last edited:
Could go with a lot of different molds but this is what I would want;

Shallow beadless putter; Swan2, Atom, P model US
OS approach; A2, Harp, Tactic, Zone
OS mid; justice, deflector, pyro
Stable fairway; stag, teebird
OS fairway; flare, Firebird, felon, motion
Stable distance driver; kahu, curl, wraith
OS distance driver; warhorse, adder, Bowie, enforcer

If they had a Stego, I would want it too…

I feel like this highlights how much simpler these choices get if you have power and control with both BH and FH.

K2 Berg
DX Polecat
Electron Envy
Z Buzzz
ESP Predator
Star TL3
500g H3V2
Ballista Pro (pop top)

The main subs are a TL3 in place of my beat in teebirds. Would prefer a discraft XL if the vendor happend to have some old Pearly ones. The H3v2 can cover so many slots for me including distance. The fresh ballista pro will be great for open distance, and should stay OS enough to cover wind and my spirit shots well enough.

What's the bag situation? Grab a plastic grocery bag or bum an Innova standard from somebody?

I could find this lineup anywhere:

S WIZARD
Z COMET
ESP BUZZZ
DX TEEBIRD
STAR TEEBIRD
CHAMPION FIREBIRD
DX DESTROYER
STAR DESTROYER

So you fly in for a tourney and your bag ends up in Timbuktu.. You only have enough cash for 8 discs and your entry fee because the disc seller doesn't take cards.

What would you buy to replace your worn favourites? Would you drop a few grams? Switch to a different mold that throws a little easier? Stack your bag differently?
This is a really good question. I had to work in Connecticut for 6 weeks and had zero room to pack discs. One of the co-workers I met was a discer and took us everywhere...including Maple Hill.

I got by, pretty damn well, with newly acquired discs. They were a new Aviar and Mako3. I found a used Viking and Wraith. Hell, I beat the whole card at Maple and most of the other courses we played.

Last edited:
If I had to build a bag with eight discs, I'd go with what I know, especially if it were for a tourney where I hope to be competitive. I'd pick these staples. Chances are you can find them at any fly mart or pro shop.

Putters: APX + Challenger or Wizard
Mids: X-Comet +Z-Buzzz
Fairways: Pro Leopard + Champ TeeBird
Distance: D-Crank + Champ or Star Boss

If I'm lucky, I can even find weights I prefer.

Last edited:
Whatever's on offer at the factory store. You can put together a decent 10 discs for $75 shipped. 11 if you want to wait for Friday.

f2.jpg

I once locked my bag in my car right before a c tier. Lol

I only had my tourney give away discs. A glow firebird and a roc. I borrowed a putter.

I had a crappy tourney but got the best CTP Prize (innova mini basket)! I pinned a short hole with a sidearm using the tourney firebird.

in the end I kind of profited, with the tourney discs/shirt/minis/ and that mini basket.

I guess I didn't really answer this op's question. But I kind of did because you buy the discs even if it's a am tourney pack because that's essentially purchased discs with the entry fee lol and I chose that color glow firebird and roc as future throwers. I just didn't realize that future meant in the next 30min.

Last edited:
They're carried locally so I think I'd be pretty safe in this theoretical situation.

I could make a load out that I could work with on just about any company lineup. 15 minutes of field work before hand and I bet I play close to where I would with my one bag. I probably wouldn't even buy 6 discs, it might even be 4-5.. Not sure if that says something good or bad about my game

In reality if my bag was stolen I'd probably just drop from the tournament because I'm not spending another $100 to play a mediocre round without my discs

ahh which leads to the new thread question

if you bag was stolen/lost how much would you pay/trade to get it back

ahh which leads to the new thread question

if you bag was stolen/lost how much would you pay/trade to get it back

Not much, I could probably do all right. My custom envy on my profile pic would be hard to replace, I've been banging the crap out of its other two backups.... After 4 or 5 years I'm almost there.

After thinking about if for a week, I think I would go strategy. Buy lunch and a few beer, that's at least two discs. Go with an

Ohm
Electron envy
Comet (big Z or the flattest top 172 esp I can find, yellow I hope)
Load the drivers with tesla or two, or two waves. Vary the weight by 10g....
Knock in a fresh relay. 160 ish...

But really doubling up on the putter with ohm and soft electron envy is the key too.. Make sure one of em will hit chains. Fresh is a little rough. Screw your teebird, that is not the best OOTB disc and your sidewinder too.

Last edited:
Oooh that weird pear thing... the rack looks "inviting" I'd jump on that sh#t, rack looks like just what I need.

Latest posts