• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashleigh and I are both invited, sounds like a fun format. The only thing I'm worried about is our availability for getting down to that area to play matches.

Hey! I made it too! Interesting...

Im on the list as 4th for Rec. Im looking forward to the one on one playing

Thank god weekend leagues are starting soon, I hate not being able to play during the week due to insufficient light and the time I get back from work

I really doubt either of us will be able to do this, thanks to the little guy.

Haha, totally worth it though!!! Normally I'd be FURIOUS if something got in the way of my plastic throwing, but I'm all smiles if it's because of the little guy.

But damn... some bracket match play sounds awesome. A good test of a father's love.

(would my opponent care if I rocked a stroller??? West or highland is out though...)

Match play means you just count how many holes you win instead of strokes. Say you're playing 18 holes against AirMcNair. You take a 3 on hole 1, he gets a deuce. He wins hole 1. You keep going like this until it is clear that the other person is going to win. If after 12 holes he won 2 holes and you just won your 10th, the game is basically over. Even if he aces, it doesn't matter. He can only win a maximum of 6 more holes and that's not enough to beat your 10.

Is it really match play? Or is it just "matches"? I didn't even think about it being anything than stroke play. VERY interesting...

I doubt it will be match play in the sense of "winning holes"

either way, I just got off the phone, I had to respectfully back out (after being second seed for int:wall:) because I just don't have the time or money to keep coming back from college to play

Status
Not open for further replies.