• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcheType

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Since it seems no one uses the groups on this site, I figured I'd post this here. I personally play all the courses around Joliet regularly, so if anyone wants to play some casual rounds there, shoot me a pm. I also figure we could use this thread to organize a larger, perhaps statewide meet?

Joliet is pretty out of the way for me to join up for a round, but I would be down for some sort of meet-up event.

Count me in, I am always up for meeting new playing partners. I recently moved from Wheeling to Riverside, and all my old discing buddies have no interest in playing new courses.

(I persuaded a friend to come down, and I drove him to Highland Park in Joliet. It rained for like 2 minutes, and he quit after 12. Never again...)

If you are going for a big meet with lots of people, maybe a more centralized location like Lombard, Elk Grove, Oakbrook, etc. would be an option. But I dig the Joliet courses a lot and still have to hit up a good number of them.

If you any of you guys are down to play this weekend, my buddy and I looking to hit up a course or two.

I'm up for that! I'll go to wherever around here (Chicagoland). I just need a heads up and preferably a weekend...

Me and arche are already making tentative plans but it'd be awesome to get a few of us all together!

I was thinking this weekend. Joliet of course 'cause it's friggin' awesome for Illinois courses.

I'm heading to Highland Park this Saturday...

Who's in?

Ok this seems to be the plan...

Archetype says:
I believe we're planning on starting at about those times, shorewood gets busy after 12, I haven't heard back from Noill just yet, but the idea seems to be.

Tee off at Shorewood (9-10)
Play 2, maybe 3 rounds (probably too busy by the time of the 3rd)
Head to Highland
Play as many rounds there as we care to
-Highland is never busy, or at least its extremely rare.

if you folks ever get something together in the st. louis area (collinsville or alton), i'm down.

I'll have to see what kind of drive that is for me.. but I love going to other states to play

Joilet is 2 hours or so from myself and i play bloomington's 3 courses quite a bit. its a drive for me to play anywhere since i live in decatur and there is no courses here.. but i like to travel to different courses as much as i can

Ok this seems to be the plan...

Archetype says:
I believe we're planning on starting at about those times, shorewood gets busy after 12, I haven't heard back from Noill just yet, but the idea seems to be.

Tee off at Shorewood (9-10)
Play 2, maybe 3 rounds (probably too busy by the time of the 3rd)
Head to Highland
Play as many rounds there as we care to
-Highland is never busy, or at least its extremely rare.

I'll be there!! Seriously Folks...:thmbup:

This was great, Noill Golf and I had to go and take jasonc's and WorldsCoolestGuy's (Mach Spit) money today in some pickup dubs at Shorewood,

btw, you still owe me a dollar! :p

If anyone is looking to show an out-of-state grad student living in Chicago a course in Joilet, feel free to send me a PM (i'll pay for gas). Not having a car has limited me to IIT and Edgebrook, neither of which are exactly top-notch.

Has anyone held weekly singles or doubles play with a portable basket and temp course in one of Chicago's parks?

If anyone is looking to show an out-of-state grad student living in Chicago a course in Joilet, feel free to send me a PM (i'll pay for gas). Not having a car has limited me to IIT and Edgebrook, neither of which are exactly top-notch.

Has anyone held weekly singles or doubles play with a portable basket and temp course in one of Chicago's parks?

If you can rock a train out. I might be able to scoop ya up some weekend and show ya around!
http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/schedule.html

Yea, i thought about the train, but with trains and buses it would take me over 3 hours to get to Joilet. I am interested in getting together group to meet weekly and make up holes in Chicago parks. I ve got the basket, just need 3 or so more people.

I'd be happy to, if you would've posted this 2 weeks ago, but of course, I've started school now, though, if you ever care to take the train out to Joliet, I can pick you up and show you any/all the courses in the area you'd like to play.

Edit: If you play with WorldsCoolestGuy, make sure you play a course with Mach 3 baskets. Trust me, it guarantees you'll beat him.

Also, call him Mach Spit, for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts