• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish I was playing today. I really enjoy winter golf... now snow on the ground and rain falling on my head and bag I detest... yesterday was a bit of a kill joy for me on the 2nd round... I was struggling to keep positive honestly.

That last round was downright nasty at Shorewood yesterday; but still fun with only the Zephyr. I managed to play less than bogey golf with a +16 or so! :thmbup:

I can see how those would teach awesome fundamentals; I look forward to some more of those rounds in the near future. It also makes me think that the majority of Chicagoland courses were designed to be played in the snow :D.

I'll play zephyr rounds with you any time, I think it's a ton of fun. They make summit a totally different experience.

Mashnut,

Why in the hell do you need more than 1 practice basket?

More importantly, when are we setting up an urban dg course?

I have two mach lites so I can set them up in a field and play back and forth, it makes for awesome putt and approach practice. I put them about 250' from each other, take every wizard I own, and throw back and forth. Each round I'll pick a line (sweeping hyzer, spike hyzer, straight, anhyzer, stall shot etc.) and attempt to get every disc in the basket in 2 shots (drive and putt). Having two means there's no extra walking.

On top of that, Ash's dad has his own mach lite that he would lend me, and we all share an M-14 that a random guy in Buffalo Grove gave us because we happened to be the only ones playing in the snow that day.

That's pretty awesome,

I'm also going to steal that practice idea once I get my mach lite for christmas.

just played an ice game at channahon on friday. i was nice and toasty in my 16 layers of clothing. It's refreshing playing snow games, even beer is still good! Not too cold out either, about 37. I forgot the shovel though, so throwing from a standstill became the norm.

I ordered up a Te Moko and a couple of Zephyrs. Man, these discs are super cheap. I got one Zephyr for $3.99.... I couldn't pass it up. I was really only looking for the Te Moko tho.

I'm in for Super Class only rounds too. I'll be in Jacksonville and then NJ area for the next couple of weeks so I'll c y'all in the New Year!!! Here's to hopin' 2011 is an awesome year!

I'll play zephyr rounds with you any time, I think it's a ton of fun. They make summit a totally different experience.

Well, the low is a scorching 7 degrees if you want to go tonight! :thmbup:

Also, I should mention here, those Marshall Street Disc Golf prices are awesome!!!

Finally broke down and got a GL Striker, GL Vision, along with some backup sidewinders. Cheap cheap cheap!

I'll be at watts park from 330 ish until about 5 but I have plans for later tonight.

I was hearing a possible 20 below with the wind chill!

You are super hardcore GDBP!

-Noill.

Well, the low is a scorching 7 degrees if you want to go tonight! :thmbup:

Also, I should mention here, those Marshall Street Disc Golf prices are awesome!!!

Finally broke down and got a GL Striker, GL Vision, along with some backup sidewinders. Cheap cheap cheap!

I was hearing a possible 20 below with the wind chill!

You are super hardcore GDBP!

-Noill.

Only if someone else is out there to share in the misery!! :evilsmilie:

I'd love to join ya today, Mash, but I got stupid work until 5. :(

Question for Noill and anyone else who has thrown a river: Which plastic is more overstable, and are the lighter ones or heavier ones more overstable?

idk if I even want anything else from marshall street.

I traded the ion for an opto river, and I just picked up every voodoo I'll ever need, I'm pretty set for right now,

though, if anyone picks up any more of those zephyrs, especially whatever $4 ones GDBP found, I'll pay you back and then some if you grab me one.

I need a superclass putter, lol.

matrix, opto is almost always more overstable (as is most champ style plastics).

and with the flow, the heavier are more overstable, and its a lot like a river, its supposed to be the driver equivalent.

eh, idk, I typically go for that style of plastic, but opto is stronger, and lat 64 is so damn expensive,

so I've been going with opto to space out my replacing them.

good luck finding a truly light River or Flow btw... they are just not out there and when they are they get snatched up... I'm on the hunt for backups of the light GL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts