• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor Courses

I don't exactly know what's going on with it, but there was a course located in a 'cave' (I think it is an old salt mine) near Festus, MO (Crystal City Underground which is about an hour south of downtown St. Louis). Last I saw, there was extensive flooding that must have done a whole lot of damage. I think the place has been closed for over a year now.

According to the crystal city underground website, they do plan on re-opening, but I don't know how long ago or when that message was posted.

It's been status quo for awhile now and I wouldn't bank on it opening again any time soon or at all unfortunately.

It's been status quo for awhile now and I wouldn't bank on it opening again any time soon or at all unfortunately.

That's really unfortunate. It's been on my wish list for a while now. I've heard the course wasn't necessarily spectacular, but still a cool unique experience.

What is this "winter" you speak of? Is it that time of the year you have to throw on a windbreaker or a light hoodie to play disc golf?

Yea yea, it was that time when you just got wet, but now it's the time the outside tries to murder you and takes away any hope you have of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this "winter" you speak of? Is it that time of the year you have to throw on a windbreaker or a light hoodie to play disc golf?

Beautiful winter day; as good as it gets in Minnesota:

24174350364_c1b477bac7_z.jpg

Preparing to play a normal winter round in Minnesota. Left is the day round, right is the night round.

16258981915_2fff31f110_z.jpg

14038787234_7c342a99a2_z.jpg

Last edited:
That's really unfortunate. It's been on my wish list for a while now. I've heard the course wasn't necessarily spectacular, but still a cool unique experience.

UPDATE: There is a tournament there this weekend. 18 holes outside with 6 in the cave. They also expect a full opening to the cave course this fall. :thmbup: