• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Exodus!?

Yea I was really looking forward to that Eagle-L flight i know and love but these flew way more like a fresh Eagle X. I got a 167 pink and a light blue. Both were overstable and not the flight I was looking for. They start hyzering in the first half of the flight. Not sure if I just got 2 freak ones but Im not getting that straight flight that others are getting. They are just going to sit in a box in my closet forever now because I have 11x and 12x eagle-l's that fly better. The hype for these was real for me but they were a let down imo.

I got one of the I-Blends yesterday, they all seemed pretty domey across colors and weights.

Not the most dome on an Eagle I have seen (some really bad G* ones) but pretty close. I'll try to throw it soon and report back in.

My super dome G* still flies nice I just dislike that much dome. I think the I-Blend will flatten a little with some use, and if not will get flattened by me.

Yea I was really looking forward to that Eagle-L flight i know and love but these flew way more like a fresh Eagle X. I got a 167 pink and a light blue. Both were overstable and not the flight I was looking for. They start hyzering in the first half of the flight. Not sure if I just got 2 freak ones but Im not getting that straight flight that others are getting. They are just going to sit in a box in my closet forever now because I have 11x and 12x eagle-l's that fly better. The hype for these was real for me but they were a let down imo.

The Innova Factory may have messed up the mold and made a few in the current X mold. Sad but Innova needs to make the L mold and X mold separate and keep them exactly separate for those who want one mold over another. Even the L mold and X molds sold in the Innova Factory store in the limited run section are mixed up every now and then.

The Innova Factory may have messed up the mold and made a few in the current X mold. Sad but Innova needs to make the L mold and X mold separate and keep them exactly separate for those who want one mold over another. Even the L mold and X molds sold in the Innova Factory store in the limited run section are mixed up every now and then.

The person you quoted was not talking about innova eagles. He was comparing the exodus to the eagle's different flights.

It sounds like it is... That's why i highly doubt any Exodus were produced in the x-mold.
I'm skipping coffee and moving to bourbon.

Yes but a misprint disc could have still happened putting a Infinite logo on an X mold from the Innova factory. I mean if Innova can't keep the X and L molds separate all that well in there own discs how can they be expected to with the Exodus disc, Innova might have made a misprint accidentally taking a small batch of Eagles by mistake to the Infinite Discs stamping process. Innova needs to stop making some bad molds that do not sell or do not mold up right to better focus on the molds that do sell and those that mold up the way the company wants them.

No. Casey, that did not happen. Nor, will it ever happen. Innova does not have random discs lying all over the place that they accidentally stamp.
Did you take a cranial 'impact' recently?

No. Casey, that did not happen. Nor, will it ever happen. Innova does not have random discs lying all over the place that they accidentally stamp.
Did you take a cranial 'impact' recently?

Nope, I was thinking that Innova just pulls the Exodius right from the Innova discs as it is exactly a Eagle L mold and an employee just grabbed the X mold that could be right next to the L mold without thinking.

They don't make ELs in pro for Innova. Also I would be suprised if Innova didn't mold the order, stamp, and ship to infinite all at once. I suppose it's possible they stamped a bunch of star EX with the exodus pro blend stamp, got all of them through QC, shipped them, then infinite put them all in stock and sold a bunch without noticing...

I have thumbed through quite a few of them at the shop. They are all indeed Eagle L's, not mixed up X's. They even have Exodus tooling underneath.

Anyways....threw my pro Exodus today but nothing to report unfortunately. Played a ski resort course and nothing flew like normal for me because of the altitude. Can't judge its stability from any of my throws today. Best throws were actually from a flippy DX Valk (which had a little turn but threw fairly stable up there).

Maybe an update next week...

Brandon

Also not sure if they tooled an old mold to put in the Exodus tooling or maybe made a new mold piece. New mold piece could be a tiny bit different.....or could be overthinking it if they just tooled the lettering in an old mold.

Brandon

Is it really tooling in the mold, or is it embossed? The embossing is done after the disc is molded. They have been really going for the embossing lately; recent run S-line CD2's have the mold AND PLASTIC embossed near the nipple.

(Also possible that they cut a new mold piece for the Exodus. Could be to the same specs as the original EL piece(s) or not. Stuff gets crazy!)

I'll have to check my 1st run Exodus. Tooling looked like the recent run EL's I've gotten, and didn't notice any embossing...but I might have missed something.

Latest posts