• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Looks and sounds interesting! I hope that this method makes it easier to produce discs that are more consistent. If so, then this is a big hit! Innova has already excellent molds which can be improved further with this outer mold technology.

Why does everyone think MVP invented overmolding?

MVP (and now Innova, likely) is just another example of the principle that it doesn't matter who does it first, it matters who does it best.

As soon as I held if I knew the plastics of both lol, it was a semi gummy star and r-pro outer rim.

Edit: putter r-pro not driver r-pro so it felt nice

Last edited:
My buddy had this quote. I thought it was pretty good

"Innova can't even make two Firebirds that fly the same. How are they going to add more parts to their discs and make it work?"

when these come out im going to make a test video to see how well they hold up in an oven, thrown full speed into brick walls, and see what happens when i do a burnout on them. then see how far i can throw them into a lake. should be a fun day.

It's not that bad. I read this whole thread and take back some of my comments. A lot of the Innova hate comes from only being able to throw Innova when I was starting and hating the fact that I could never get a good, consistent replacement or backup. I guess more discs are good for golf and Innova is really good at pumping out new stuff. I've seem champion plastic that looked like goldline before goldline, quest did overmolds years ago, and r-pro is basically a version of vibram x-link. Only, I will admit, Innova did most of this first. I think the point is that disc golf is small, and is bound to borrow, and ultimately if it attracts more players, and breeds more discs, that's pretty cool thing.

I see a lot of posts with people saying that they never see pros throwing MVP. That's because MVP doesn't currently sponsor any pros (that I know of). I don't think MVP is too concerned about being the General Motors of the disc golf world. They're much more similar to Tesla. A small company that puts out a unique and superbly manufactured product that may very well be the future. It's gonna be funny seeing these in the bags of Innova guys who called MVP "gimmick" discs.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :hfive:

Well at least the chuckers will look a little more stylish now, just add a robotic dinosaur stamp and call it good for the Walmart crowd.

I wouldn't be such a hater on MVP. If they didnt redesign the shock after I bought 5 and they were crap.

You must be really angry inside.

FR shocks were not as advertised so MVP made the product better... but to say a FR shock is crap? ehh they fly pretty nice for a fairway driver IMO just not a beefy one, which now you can get when you buy a shock. As for innova, I am still trying to find another super soft/gummy flat pink *Destoryer but no luck and even if one is out there now it runs me $30+ and why? b/c THEY CANT MAKE THE SAME DISC TWICE!

I never run out and buy FR's of any mold and really only see it beneficial to do so if you are into collecting discs. So were you planning on collecting shocks going out and getting 5 before they were reviewed by the masses?

I hope the atlas will replace the crap shocks for you.

As for innova, I am still trying to find another super soft/gummy flat pink *Destoryer but no luck and even if one is out there now it runs me $30+ and why? b/c THEY CANT MAKE THE SAME DISC TWICE!
THIS is why there are no Innova discs in my bag. No manufacturer is perfect, even MVP has some minor consistency issues (I have 2 Tensors with different flight plates to prove it), but you can walk into most shops and pick up 5 of the same Innova mold that all look different from each other. I guess some folks like having to hunt for "good ones", I prefer to not waste money. I suppose by the same token that you could argue that it makes better business sense because they sell more discs that way.