• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova copies The Jeff Ash Brainwave

he tried that and ended up in a wee bit of legal trouble

Also, when did he win worlds? I saw something saying 2003, but checked pdga and it says he came in 45th

Am doubles in the early 2000s I thought I read somewhere but could be wrong.

Mr. Ash may have paid for his perversions, but he's still rocking some satanic symbolism on his Facebook banner.
Makes me wish Innova hadn't appeased this cretin.
But gee, his discs are grand.

Why/how is it anybody's bidniss how another person makes their living... as long as it is legal.

Regardless, this is HIS actual business. Of course he is going to have input on somebody (especially corporate) ripping off his product/technique.

You don't see Apple just roll over when certain aspects of design are copied.

Why is it YOUR business what innova does? Did he have a copyright or patent on it? No. Then innova didn't rip his product off

They wont do any thing that is copy written or anything close to being copy written, unless you have the authorization to do so.

Please...just search google images for "custom dyemax disc" and eventually you'll see plenty. Especially obvious are movie themed discs (except for the ones licensed and sold by DD).

He should dye some discs with that cell phone picture on them.

Market it as "Some discs are for getting out of trouble, this one gets you into it."

Mr. Ash may have paid for his perversions, but he's still rocking some satanic symbolism on his Facebook banner.
Makes me wish Innova hadn't appeased this cretin.
But gee, his discs are grand.

What symbols would that be? I haven't noticed any or are these hidden like on the one dollar bill and cans of Monster energy?

Please...just search google images for "custom dyemax disc" and eventually you'll see plenty. Especially obvious are movie themed discs (except for the ones licensed and sold by DD).

They used to back in the day but after getting into some trouble for doing it I know they have become a lot more coreful about what they print on discs. Ive gotten shot down for trying to do a Red and Blue circles because it looked too similar to the Cap America shield.

Jeff should be flattered that people like and try to emulate "his" technique for this dye.

He should be grateful that people acknowledge and give him credit for its creation.

People seem to know where to get the real thing and will seek him out if an original is worth it to them.

That said he sounds like a dick-bag with all his panty's-in-a-wad, crybaby antics about this topic. He has even whined and complained to dyers here for doing brainwaves. MOVE ON DUDE !!!

I don't know this guy but he seems like a loser, and I will be judgemental and say I would never care to meet or befriend this guy.

What would really be shi**y for him would be if Innova went out and got the patent on the brainwave technique, if that would even be possible.

They would not be able to get a patent that would stand up in court on the technique as the Brainwave technique is prior art unless they can prove they made changes to the technique which make it novel compared to his technique. At least that is my understanding of patent law that I have learn at work.

He should have either patented the technique or copyrighted the look if he wanted to protect his work.

Last edited:

Latest posts