• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova copies The Jeff Ash Brainwave

They used to back in the day but after getting into some trouble for doing it I know they have become a lot more coreful about what they print on discs. Ive gotten shot down for trying to do a Red and Blue circles because it looked too similar to the Cap America shield.

I see these quite often. Are you saying Marvel's got a contract out on dgers? :p

Mr. Ash may have paid for his perversions, but he's still rocking some satanic symbolism on his Facebook banner.
Makes me wish Innova hadn't appeased this cretin.
But gee, his discs are grand.
A phoenix is Satanic?

Oooo... Damn plastic addiction, why do you do this to me? I have yet to throw a pure, opto plastic or even Lat64. So I may have to purchase this one in the name of science!

You kind of have to buy one of these on principle alone now.

the original brainwave technique/discs were pretty cool, but the new stuff with dye just splattered on a disc is unimpressive and lack any real talent or creativity. Also, correct me if I'm wrong (which I know this group will) but don't all dyes fade and look like crap over time?

the original brainwave technique/discs were pretty cool, but the new stuff with dye just splattered on a disc is unimpressive and lack any real talent or creativity. Also, correct me if I'm wrong (which I know this group will) but don't all dyes fade and look like crap over time?

All the ones I've seen look awful after a while. Never seen a brainwave though.

This is why I stopped dying. Too depressing.

All dye jobs fade, but I like the seasoned look of a fading dye job. I did however do a brainwave style on a flx buzzz and it faded beyond recognition. The one i did on a lucid judge has aged pretty well though

They used to back in the day but after getting into some trouble for doing it I know they have become a lot more coreful about what they print on discs. Ive gotten shot down for trying to do a Red and Blue circles because it looked too similar to the Cap America shield.

That sounds like a step in the right direction. Thx.

The talent/creativity is coming up with a new technique that nobody else can figure out. The real talent is honing in and perfecting the craft... and the consistency of the medium .

Innova isn't even giving a shout out to him at this point. This would be akin to Vanilla Ice stealing the Under Pressure beat.

Whoooooa. Pump the brakes.

There's a HUGE difference between copyrighted media being sampled without a license and a case of two entities enacting a similar style of art.

If we both sing blues music in the same key, you can't sue me just because you were doing it before me. If this guy didn't trademark a particular design, or copyright his process, no disc golf companies legally owe him anything.

Also on this topic, factory plastic coloring and Rit dye techniques are completely different anyway. There would be no case for infringement unless a particular design was trademarked and a company copied it.

I'm highly suspicious that DD will take 'anything' off the internet and print it on a disc.

Do they not worry about licensing issues?

They do now, which is why they can advertise their dyes with the proper logos on their websites.

...btw not throwing shade, good on them for landing that deal, it's pretty damn cool IMO.

Whoooooa. Pump the brakes.

There's a HUGE difference between copyrighted media being sampled without a license and a case of two entities enacting a similar style of art.

If we both sing blues music in the same key, you can't sue me just because you were doing it before me. If this guy didn't trademark a particular design, or copyright his process, no disc golf companies legally owe him anything.

Also on this topic, factory plastic coloring and Rit dye techniques are completely different anyway. There would be no case for infringement unless a particular design was trademarked and a company copied it.
Ya screw the community! Jussi can just replace us anyway with his next level ideas.

Latest posts