• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova DX Stingray?

Diskhunter

My son got me a DX Stingray for my birthday. I was on the Innova web site and got the disk rating of 4,5,-3,1. When in Scheels sporting goods store today, they had an Innova chart with a 4,5,-5,1. Does anyone know which is correct high speed turn on this disk? They said it's a good roller/anni disk with a lot of glide. Help Please?

Very understable. (Thrown right hand back hand hard, should hang to the right and not come back)

Tilt the left side of the disc down upon release and it should go dead straight.

Snap your wrist. I keep a Star Stingray in my bag.

The stingray is a great all purpose disc. I would say it is closer to the 4,5,-3, 1 rating. A new dx stingray should do just about anything (left turning, right turning, straight). But don't count on it staying that way, dx stingrays turn real flippy real quick. If you really like it I'd recommend getting a Star stingray.

This thread reeks of so much noobness it's awesome. :clap:

Yeah, just to reiterate what every one else has said so far, DX Stingrays become extremely flippy after some tree knocking. Don't get too bogged down with the ratings, they're "fuzzy math" as W would say. If you want a good comparative guide to study check out joe's universal flight chart and Marshall Streets in this thread here along with other guides and links.

^^^ Joes flight rating is the best, at least for new or Star Stingrays, because they will come back a little if you give them time.

My old DX Stingray used to be money, but I had it out of the bag for a while, then worked on form and went back to a star Stingray, and loved it, then lost it. No big deal; I still have my old DX Stingray right? Well, it is a bit more like a Kite now. Need a new star.

Yeah, just to reiterate what every one else has said so far, DX Stingrays become extremely flippy after some tree knocking. Don't get too bogged down with the ratings, they're "fuzzy math" as W would say. If you want a good comparative guide to study check out joe's universal flight chart and Marshall Streets in this thread here along with other guides and links.

BD, Solid info. Thanks for heading me in the right direction! :) Thanks for the Links. I did get most of my discs from a friend and have no idea what they do. Heading to the park with a few once we get some stable weather. This form has been a big help! Thanks to yourself and many others!

Signed super Noob!!!

Very understable. (Thrown right hand back hand hard, should hang to the right and not come back)

Tilt the left side of the disc down upon release and it should go dead straight.

Snap your wrist. I keep a Star Stingray in my bag.

I am LHBH and its the only disc that hangs to the left and stays there for me.

If anyone has any DX Stingrays, 160g or better, that are too beat for you (and still not cracked ;)) I'm interested in a trade. I like to keep a few on hand for when the inevitable happens.

I didn't know you were a fellow LHBH! I knew that there was something special about you.
I use different grades (ESP, X nad a beat-up Glo) of Stratus (Stratii?) to do the same thing as a Stingray.

I carry a beat up DX Stingray and a Star Stingray. I could not do without them in my bag. I've had the DX for years and I call it my miracle disc. I can make that disc turn over and stay or hyzer hard. I use it for thumbers and tomahawks as well as overhand rollers. The star stingray is better for distance and behaves more like a new one should and won't get as beat-in as a DX Stingray. Dave Greenwell sold me my first DX Stingray when I first started and he showed me all the things it's good for. If I had to use just one disc it would be a DX Stingray.

All the advise is good and useful. NEW to game. I don't have stingray. I'm thinking on getting Star Stingray and don't know what weight to get.

I didn't know you were a fellow LHBH! I knew that there was something special about you.
I use different grades (ESP, X nad a beat-up Glo) of Stratus (Stratii?) to do the same thing as a Stingray.

IMO, heavier the better with Stingrays...

Dito to all three. LHBH as well. I have a star 176g and it is my bread and butter dog-leg-left disc and can mold it to just about any severity. My gf has a star 166g and i don't have as much control with it... too flippy.

Beat up the DX and then get a heavier one in Star. Good disc to have around. My Stingray does not leave my bag. It's a keeper.

Innova changed the high speed rating from -5 to -3 and I have to disagree because I have thrown all the other Innova discs and it is BY FAR the most understable disc they make.

With that said I love the stingray and use it for get out of trouble shots fading to the right. I can throw it flat and hard and still get it to flip, or I can anny it and let it ride the anny all the way to the basket.

Better players might throw a putter that floats, and goes right the whole way, but I still like my Stingray.

Innova changed the high speed rating from -5 to -3 and I have to disagree because I have thrown all the other Innova discs and it is BY FAR the most understable disc they make.

With that said I love the stingray and use it for get out of trouble shots fading to the right. I can throw it flat and hard and still get it to flip, or I can anny it and let it ride the anny all the way to the basket.

Better players might throw a putter that floats, and goes right the whole way, but I still like my Stingray.

Really? Cause the Star Kite I had flew like a beat DX Stingray when new.

I have a kite but could not get any consistency out of it I guess, so maybe it is as understable.

I like the Marshall Streets Chart the best. When I go to that thread and click on the link it says the page can't be found. Is it gone forever or is there another link that works?