• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Gargoyle

This is definitely not a beadless Gremlin. I got to feel one yesterday and it has an enormous bead. I actually felt more like beaded fairway than anything else. I didn't get to throw it, but I heard a couple people say that it flew very straight.

I bugged innova and they did confirm its not the beadless gremlin mold.

I hate beads, I hate beads, I hate beads so much!

My optimistic hope is that it is a 10th anniversary reissue of the Beadless Gremlin mold. They made about 500 of them in 2006 and they are now almost impossible to find because a certain avid collector personally owns about half the run.

But that would be too good, it's probably going to be some new beaded VTech garbage only available in XT and Gstar.

Vegan Ray?

Infinite listed it as 6/3/-1/2. Is this right? Is it supposed to replace the Gazelle (if that is OOP)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems like odd numbers. Glide 3 with a -1 turn? Does any disc with a glide of 3 have any turn at all?

The Wedge and debatably the Panther.
Low glide understability is essential to my game.

The Panther's numbers are 5,4,-2,1. While my Pink Panthers are more overstable than that (my Blue Panther is domier and more understable), they still have more glide than what I would call a "3" glide matched with a "5" speed. I'd say my Pink Panthers are IMHO more like 5, 4, -0.5, 1 to 2. YMMV on that.

A V-Panther does not strike me as making a lot of sense with the V-Cobra already out there.

The Panther's numbers are 5,4,-2,1. While my Pink Panthers are more overstable than that (my Blue Panther is domier and more understable), they still have more glide than what I would call a "3" glide matched with a "5" speed. I'd say my Pink Panthers are IMHO more like 5, 4, -0.5, 1 to 2. YMMV on that.

A V-Panther does not strike me as making a lot of sense with the V-Cobra already out there.

The numbers are fairly subjective. I throw Panthers a lot and they often seem to be more like what I think 3 is than 4, again subjective.

The numbers are fairly subjective. I throw Panthers a lot and they often seem to be more like what I think 3 is than 4, again subjective.

Agreed that the numbers are subjective. And like I said, I have a domier Panther that flies one way and other that fly a different way... I could pair my Blue and Pink Panthers as a mildly-understable/mildly-overstable set.

Anyhoo, the Gargoyle appears to be a faster disc than the Panther. The Mirage is said to be V-Tech Dart or possibly a V-Tech Wedge, and Infinite Discs has a description that says the Gargoyle is a midrange-control driver 'tweener. It'll be interesting to see, when the Gargoyle finally comes out...

I got some today as part of some player packs for a upcoming tourney.

Star plastic, beaded, domey, sort of reminds me of a mix of the beaded star classic roc and a gazelle. Not totally sure, it's a strange one.

I got some today as part of some player packs for a upcoming tourney.

Star plastic, beaded, domey, sort of reminds me of a mix of the beaded star classic roc and a gazelle. Not totally sure, it's a strange one.

So you're not sure weather to call it a driver or a mid range? It must have a weird shape. Pictures?

So you're not sure weather to call it a driver or a mid range? It must have a weird shape. Pictures?

I meant Whippet, the beer made me say Gazelle. I'll get some pics and see if I can figure out how to post them here.

Latest posts