• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Guarantee these will sell like hot cakes when noobies see these at Dick's or any other retail stores. Just like how the groove is a beginner top seller.

Good, then nooblets will get good, appropriate discs to start golfing with.

It doesn't matter if the best players in the world use them, that only serves to convince us here on the forum and people that actually follow disc golf. The other 90% of the people who play probably don't even know or care that the PDGA even exists let alone that there is professionals at this game/sport unfortunately.

Professionals using something shows that it can be used at the top possible level.

Paul McBeth uses a Tern? That means that it CAN be thrown the way he does. So it's not "PAUL USES THIS AND I LOVEEEE PAUL".

It's more, "Paul can throw this 500', so if I want a chance at throwing 500', this COULD do it."

Professionals using something shows that it can be used at the top possible level.

Also, when someone says "That disc is a flippy piece of excrement", one can link to a YouTube vid of a pro throwing a 400' pure hyzer with the "flippy" disc in question. :D

Another tourney... another WinNOVA.

I guess I'm a NOVA putter now. On my 5th hole of the Huk Central this weekend I tossed my KC Aviar into the chains from 10 feet and it came right back out. What did I do? I switched to the NOVA. After a couple of height adjustments, I putted all weekend with it. Grand Central is NOT a deuce or die course, but I shot 45 UNDER par through 4 rounds... with 5 bogeys and a double... so... 52 birdies in 4 rounds. This thing is MONEY! Had I played Open I'd have tied Schweb. Alan Beaver was calling it the YESVA and the ERASER.

It saved far more strokes than that one spit out lost. I only had one roll away, to about 15 feet down a nicely mowed hill. If I hit the band it just dropped... even a glancing blow at the band grabbed and dropped. several outer putts that I would not have counted on sticking.... Stuck.

It's like those one price packages from the USPS... If it HITS, it STICKS.

Now to get a stack of em!

Just caught wind of this thread, but can anyone tell me how this flies, or is it just like their other putters that are relatively straight?

What I'm curious about is a future thread on the Nova vs MVP putters

I picked up a Nova just for the hell of it and as much as I didn't want to like it, I've been loving it. Straight shots from 250-260' and in its money. You can give it good snap and it'll drift just a tiny bit and hook into that straight flight til it gently fades to the ground. Holds hyzer lines well too, haven't really gotten it to hold good anhyzers yet, but thrown a few anny approaches and its worked out. favorite part of this disc is that when it hits the ground, it sticks. Doesn't matter if it's dry dirty or a hilly green, when it hits it is not going anywhere. It's also surprisingly durable, after 10 or so rounds with it, it's showing no sign of damage, even two brutal tree hits today and nothing. So for right now it's got a spot in my bag, it's been very useful

How does it feel in the hand compared to a KC Aviar, or Aviars in general? I like my putters to have a noticeable bead, but this disc still intrigues me

Andy there is not a bead at all. It feels a bit deeper than my flygirl aviar, but it is more stable imo. It is a fun disc to throw for sure. I would check one out if I were you.

As much as I bashed this disc, the flight reviews are making me want to try one. We have some hills around here that I could use a disc like this on.

Another tourney... another WinNOVA.

I guess I'm a NOVA putter now. On my 5th hole of the Huk Central this weekend I tossed my KC Aviar into the chains from 10 feet and it came right back out. What did I do? I switched to the NOVA. After a couple of height adjustments, I putted all weekend with it. Grand Central is NOT a deuce or die course, but I shot 45 UNDER par through 4 rounds... with 5 bogeys and a double... so... 52 birdies in 4 rounds. This thing is MONEY! Had I played Open I'd have tied Schweb. Alan Beaver was calling it the YESVA and the ERASER.

It saved far more strokes than that one spit out lost. I only had one roll away, to about 15 feet down a nicely mowed hill. If I hit the band it just dropped... even a glancing blow at the band grabbed and dropped. several outer putts that I would not have counted on sticking.... Stuck.

It's like those one price packages from the USPS... If it HITS, it STICKS.

Now to get a stack of em!

Im glad that you like them because they feel God awful! Like a dog toy.... Seriously:|

You guys do realize that these two wall-of-praise good reviews are from an Innova employee, right?

edit: not natedg, who seems to like the disc without being paid to

Last edited:
You guys do realize that these two wall-of-praise good reviews are from an Innova employee, right?

So that automatically discredits them? Give me a break. I was at that tourney, dude tore up out there and he didn't have to use the Nova, but chose to.

So that automatically discredits them? Give me a break. I was at that tourney, dude tore up out there and he didn't have to use the Nova, but chose to.
Yeah, even if he's still 1000-rated, there are only two people with glowing reviews in here. One is from Innova. Doesn't have to discredit him, but it's pure marketing.

edit: not natedg, who seems to like the disc without being paid to

Besides the fact they work there do you have any info that this disc won't do what they say? I want to try one but not if this is all BS.