• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

How does it feel in the hand compared to a KC Aviar, or Aviars in general? I like my putters to have a noticeable bead, but this disc still intrigues me

The rim feels really substantial comparatively. I just got mine last night and couldn't get out and throw it. First impressions of the yellow/blue X-Outs I got are that the plastic is some of the grippiest firmer Pro I've ever felt.

It's a completely different experience from the Atlas for me. With the Atlas, the rim felt like a mid. It even felt very close to my MD2s. The Nova's rim, on the other hand, is chunky. It feels like a putter, but it's almost like a super-sized putter. It's not uncomfortable by any means, but it is meaty in my hand. I'm looking forward to throwing it, hopefully tonight, but I didn't really feel super comfortable with the grip I could get on it.

I don't work for Innova by the way. I work for a bank.

Besides the fact they work there do you have any info that this disc won't do what they say? I want to try one but not if this is all BS.
No, it's just noteworthy coincidence, and maybe few people have thrown it as of yet. I'll try one when/if my bro buys one. I had some good things to say about his Atlas.

One other thing to note is the "decoration" on the top of the rim. I didn't notice it at all in the little bit of time I fondled it.

Ok my gripe basically is how poorly I truely believe the disc is made. Now dont get me wrong I still think Innova makes the Best Discs in the Game. Minus maybe the Challenger because for me they go in. THAT being said I just think the disc is really bad.
Lets put it this way I handed it to my girlfriend and she said and I quote... "What the H*ll is this, I know you didnt buy this thing". She quickly pointed out that even where the little "Atlas" points are, there are actually indentations in the rim going down. The outside plastic does feel nice and tacky but other than that Meh.
Now have I thrown it....? No. Will I? No. Do I think Innova makes awesome Discs? OH Yes. But unfortunately I really think they dropped the ball on this one. Its certainly not the quality of the MVP discs, which may not be what Innova was going for BUT its a shame they didnt reach harder for it.

I kinda hate the way everyone compares these to MVP. THESE ARE NOT MVP DISCS, MVP ISN'T THE ORIGINAL OVERMOLD, AND INNOVA IS IN NO WAY COPYING THEM!! I personally prefer the Innova models because they have the grippy inside rim, and still I would love to see a Rhyno done this way. The dents above the "compass points" are on all of their overmold discs, and those points are there because they need to have some way to inject that overmold while still having the extra grip on the inside rim. To just push something off because it doesn't look how you like it is just silly, if they fly good who cares what they look like. Are you telling me that if Innova made a distance driver with an overmold that flew 100' further than anything else in your bag that you wouldn't throw it because "it looks stupid" or "it looks cheap"? I don't throw these because I like the thumbtrak, but I own 2 of them, and have tossed them around my apartment, and they putt great, but they just aren't comfortable in my hand. Either way, I gave it a shot and have a real reason for why I don't bag them.

Very rarely do I post glowing reviews on here... I am usually about information, maybe a recommendation or two. But this thing does what other discs do not. it just stops when it hits chains. stops and drops. Other rubbery discs tend to bounce when they hit chains, they may grip, but they carry that momentum. Maybe it's the stiffness mixed with the grip of the rim, but these things react differently. The one thing it's not gonna do is lip in. If you are a teeny bit short, it grabs the rim and flops backward off the cage, but the same thing that makes that happen makes splash outs stick. So while I may not be able to count that short putt from flopping over the front rim, it's catching almost everything that is hitting chains.

It's funky, looks odd, but it works.

On the grippy landings, It's great at those too. Makes running a putt from far away a little more encouraging. I didn't 3-putt all weekend.

Why is mine one of the only reviews? Because I got a tester early and incorporated it into my bag AND used it in real world tournaments immediately. I do that with a lot of new discs. Not all make my bag. This one did. I'm glad, I will be back over 1000 in no time at this rate.

Just so everyone knows I am NOT an Innova employee. The Nova just happens to be a disc I actually like. It works for me. It may not work for everyone. It does not drive well for me. I actually prefer my rhino for that. But for upshots and long putts especially the Nova is my money disc. If I miss it parks where it hits. When it hits chains it just flops down into the basket. I personally don't really care if anyone else ever throws this disc. I just think that it deserves a fair chance. Does it look chincy? Yup, yup it does. Does it feel a little weird at first? Yes it does. Once you get the feel for it though it is a great disc and it does grab like a mad man going for someones throat.

Ok my gripe basically is how poorly I truely believe the disc is made. Now dont get me wrong I still think Innova makes the Best Discs in the Game. Minus maybe the Challenger because for me they go in. THAT being said I just think the disc is really bad.
Lets put it this way I handed it to my girlfriend and she said and I quote... "What the H*ll is this, I know you didnt buy this thing". She quickly pointed out that even where the little "Atlas" points are, there are actually indentations in the rim going down. The outside plastic does feel nice and tacky but other than that Meh.
Now have I thrown it....? No. Will I? No. Do I think Innova makes awesome Discs? OH Yes. But unfortunately I really think they dropped the ball on this one. Its certainly not the quality of the MVP discs, which may not be what Innova was going for BUT its a shame they didnt reach harder for it.

I have a hard time getting my arms around this argument. You bashing this disc on how it looks. Did you throw it? No. Should you throw it YES!
How can someone trash on something and not check it out?
Just like this:
Is bacon ugly looking?
Yes
Will I try it?
No

Is this the way you judge things?
SILLY

I have a hard time getting my arms around this argument. You bashing this disc on how it looks. Did you throw it? No. Should you throw it YES!
Just like this:
Is bacon ugly looking?
Yes
Will I try it?
No

SILLY

Turbine my friend that's just the way it goes sometimes. You have seen me throw with mine. I am not half bad with that disc. When I first saw it I was like omg, this thing is not right. But hey to each their own. If they don't get popular that sucks because then they might not go into production. I am really hoping they do because I want one more in a lighter weight. I just don't get why so many people are judging by looks alone.

no va

Just like this:
Is bacon ugly looking?
Yes
Will I try it?
No

SILLY

It's ok, I offered to buy it off of him, but he has not responded. So I'm guessing he likes it now :clap:

lets be honest, no disc is going to help YOUR putting... ever thrown anode? was curious about this one after testing the atlas which sucked.

the anode is like the mona lisa and the nova is like a stick figure a 3 year old drew with circles for hands and lines for fingers that look like the sun.

im tempted to record a video of me trying to pick up an anode and i cant cause they keep slipping out of my hands. DARN MVPs #

Latest posts