• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Power Disc

Give us a dome report. My shop should have some within the week.

I will have them hopefully by this weekend. Unfortunately the only PD I have left is one D Line, so I may not be much use comparing to PDs people actually throw. I'm guessing these are gonna be beef just like current thunderbirds.

I have to chuckle a bit. For like a year and a half Innova just couldn't get discs out for Discmania. Now that they're kicking product out under their own brand it is looking like picking up an FD or PD will be as easy as grabbing a Leopard or Wraith.

I have to chuckle a bit. For like a year and a half Innova just couldn't get discs out for Discmania. Now that they're kicking product out under their own brand it is looking like picking up an FD or PD will be as easy as grabbing a Leopard or Wraith.

this one has got to sting a bit for discmania

pretty funny though as an outsider

breaking news: the star POWER DISC plastic graphic is about as phallic symbolism as you can get too!

Even if there aren't any blatantly obvious phallic images the name alone kind of insinuates something related to the male anatomy.

i kinda like it
PD-PhantomSword-Illust-Purple-Black__25156.1641428463.jpg

I don't mind the Champion stamp. The name is a little odd, but the stamp is simple enough and the styling is cool. I have a feeling this run is just a joke run anyways and we will get just stock "power disc" later on.

I just received my "C-Lines." I got all yellows. There are two different hues, seemingly tied to the level of "pearliness."

The disc is absolutely a PD. The bottom wing piece seems to be the same as that used on my recent run of Dracos - no "zippering" like the new FDs.

The dome is smaller than the nice Metal Flake run from a few years' back. It's not at all an issue.

A few are pearly. A few are not. The pearly ones are just a tad bit stiffer. Otherwise, the discs are consistent in terms of dome and PLH.

The name is very stupid, though.

I got 1 green and 1 pink in today. 174 and 177. Green is pearly and pink is not. Green has a nice mellow dome, pink has a pretty big pop top. Same PLH. Both super stiff despite another here saying the opposite. The pearly one has some of the air bubble splay around the edge, which is honestly disappointing. Interesting that these have the innova, rancho, www molding underneath but the FDs only say made in USA.

I got 1 green and 1 pink in today. 174 and 177. Green is pearly and pink is not. Green has a nice mellow dome, pink has a pretty big pop top. Same PLH. Both super stiff despite another here saying the opposite. The pearly one has some of the air bubble splay around the edge, which is honestly disappointing. Interesting that these have the innova, rancho, www molding underneath but the FDs only say made in USA.

Don't PDs use a Firebird bottom? Do newer firebirds still the www molding on them?

Don't PDs use a Firebird bottom? Do newer firebirds still the www molding on them?

As far as I know PDs, thunderbirds, OLFs, and scepters all use the firebird wing. They all have the notch. It's just different tops that make them fly differently. I suspect the Draco and fd3 also use it but I don't have any to hold and compare. I don't know about the mold tooling. The dark rebel FD is the only innova disc I've ever seen that has no innova tooling.

Definitely sounds like a disc I wanna feel before buying. If the pearlies are flatter, that's where I'm leaning. Flat, pearly Firebirds from a couple years ago are straight beef.

I was skeptical but I do think Innova is trolling DM with the naming. Seems unnecessary but I'm not privy to details of the split.

Latest posts