• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Website

Am I a terrible person?

• Yes, show some respect.

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • No, it's a valid complaint.

Votes: 41 51.3%

• Total voters
that is very sad news and there arr numerous online retailers that can give you same information...as they mostly write what the sellers wants. wish him and yall the best.

played 3 rounds today love fridays off!!

It's disc golf. Not the instructions to the life support machine that's failing your grandmother in her time of need. Is your bag that empty? Do you really need to know if that Polecat comes in Champ plastic at a 164 grams? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO GET ON THE INNOVA SITE THAT BAD? Seriously? Give the guy a moment of silence. It's obviously what they wanted. It'll probably be back up tomorrow. Monday at the latest. I can personally guarantee you'll survive. This entire thread should have been a tribute to Tim Selinske. Nice one guys. Biggups yourselves. You're all that matters.

hey, I don't want to come off as callous. I'm sure Tim was a great guy. He certainly helped found a great company. And I don't mind that all the visitors to the site see a page dedicated to his memory. They could have that up for a year if they like. But they are a business, and every business has obligations to their customers.

what if you opened up the newspaper one morning and every page was an obituary of someone you didn't know? It would be a pretty terrible edition, and most of their readers would be upset. I don't think that desecrates the memory of the deceased.

i dont really know where to begin here (aside from the obligatory long time lurker, first time poster spiel). i think i see both sides of the argument clearly, and have weighed their merits equally. the side of the tireless consumer, dedicated to innova above all (refusing even to use the internet itself to search for disc information, a shining example in brand loyalty) and having his tireless needs unfufilled by the company he holds highest. respectful and understanding enough to recognize the need to remember the disc golf titan that was Tim Selinske, but also perplexed about Innova's desire to shut down their entire website to honor the passing of this important chain in the Innova family. Surely, the terrific promoter that was Mr. Selinske would not advise his company to close their site entirely on his behalf (a generous gesture to be sure, and if Innova considers itself more a family than a company than unquestionably the right one). Should the consumer be shouted down? Should he have to suffer the loss of the Innova website along with the loss of Mr. Selinske? What harm could a link at the bottom possibly do?
Then the opposing side, either populated with the old school (those impressed with Innova's apparent dedication to being a family and a business ... would Nike shut down if their higher ups died ... kinda doubt it) or the new school (those who can't fathom inconvenience of a single website being shut down when the information is available elsewhere). My heart yearns to place me with the old school. However inconvenient this may be, I don't think its at all arguable that Innova's decision to remember Mr. Selinske isn't touching. You don't see tributes like this often (if at all) and it is a testament to the quality of man Mr. Selinske must have been and how blessed Innova obviously felt to have had them in their lives (business or otherwise). At the same time, its hard to throw my hat in line with people who would rather attack those with opposing (and valid) viewpoints than present their argument in the kind of light that would reflect the quality of a man Mr. Selinske obviously was. He deserves far more eloquence than a mere message board can give, but he also deserves to have a more fair minded argument represent him (where he can no longer represent himself or disc golf). I realize calling for order on the internet is quite ridiculous, but if you truly are impressed with Innova's show of appreciation for Mr. Selinske's contribtions in life (and not more annoyed with people and their perceived needs in general) ... show more class in your argument, for Tim's sake at least.

I am glad I am not the only one who visited the page and then was a little bit surprised to find you could not get to their main page. I thought making the memorial their homepage was nice, but just found it odd that you could get no further. But it is their business, they can do what they want.

hey, I don't want to come off as callous. I'm sure Tim was a great guy. He certainly helped found a great company. And I don't mind that all the visitors to the site see a page dedicated to his memory. They could have that up for a year if they like. But they are a business, and every business has obligations to their customers.

I don't think you're necessarily being callous (maybe a little) so much as (and I'm not really trying to insult you here) lazy. One of the founding fathers of a company you love dies and is honored with the respect the company feels he deserves, and you're upset that you can't find information on a disc (a disc that might not exist without the person who's "inconveniencing" you)? There are a ton of other sites where you can find the info you want. Pay the man some respect.

I am really not trying to insult you, I just believe that you should honor the dead, especially when they're responsible for helping to grow a sport that is such a large part of your life. A day or two of searching on the internet is the least you can do.

Here's what you're looking for.

I don't think you're necessarily being callous (maybe a little) so much as (and I'm not really trying to insult you here) lazy. One of the founding fathers of a company you love dies and is honored with the respect the company feels he deserves, and you're upset that you can't find information on a disc (a disc that might not exist without the person who's "inconveniencing" you)? There are a ton of other sites where you can find the info you want. Pay the man some respect.

I am really not trying to insult you, I just believe that you should honor the dead, especially when they're responsible for helping to grow a sport that is such a large part of your life. A day or two of searching on the internet is the least you can do.

Here's what you're looking for.

Thanks for this post. That is the info I was looking for and I appreciate your civility.

I support innova in honoring his memory. I'd support them in giving their employees a few days off if they wanted. I just don't see why they couldn't put a "continue to site" button on the bottom of the page. I think that a company does have a responsibility to their fans. Yes, they also have a responsibility to their employees. But not allowing fans to visit the rest of the site is totally unnecessary. It doesn't diminish his memory. It just makes people more likely to visit discraft's page (which incidentally is what I've been doing this whole time). Now I'm thinking about getting an XL next. It's just not a smart move for a company to block people from the easiest access to info on their products, because they'll look for other products instead.

I couldn't help but notice that even if you go to another page on the site other than the home page it redirects you to the splash page. I haven't been paying much attention to their plans, but I wonder if perhaps that means that they've decided to debut their new site when they take down the memorial. Probably not, as that transition probably wouldn't take long enough to have to shut the whole site down, but I do know that they're changing some things up.

Oh, and I think it's nice that they would honor him like that, but agree that having it as just a splash page probably would have done the trick. But most of all I don't understand why people are getting so heated about it either way. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see their web site, and it's ridiculous to have a problem with someone else feeling that way. I think tehNoobstar pretty much hit the nail on the head.

thats does it .......... im switching to discraft:)

earlier when the first thread about him came up it was only a few minutes after i went on their site to see the stats for the wolf so i thought about asking on the that dudes r.i.p. page if anyone knew the stats but the more i thought about it i figured that might be kind of insensitive but the fact i even thought about makes me kind of a jerk , plus i thought it would be kinda a funny :eek:

anyway long story short sometimes its best just to keep stuff a thought , and if you have to think about something being cool or not its probally not .

r.i.p guy i never heard of its looks like you were well loved and the fact that innova would do that for you says alot about both of you

Last edited:
hmm, my 2 cents from personal experience, I run a business, and unfortunately, my mother died in her sleep 2 years ago.... Now, I did not have to work that day, and my first call was to a client explaining to them why I couldn't work that week.... long story short, guess who came in the next day, me...

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS

I feel for the loss of Tim, I think the memorial is great, admititantly, the topic starter could have searched elsewhere, but Innova is a business last I checked, and I feel a link would not be a bad Idea... you wanna shut down HQ for the weekend, go ahead, trust me I understand, but leave the contact info for your business AVAILABLE.... end of rant, sorry for the personal bias...

If the company that's taken me years to build up shuts down because suddenly I'm not coming to work, I'll find my way back to haunt whoever made that decision.

It's disc golf. Not the instructions to the life support machine that's failing your grandmother in her time of need. Is your bag that empty? Do you really need to know if that Polecat comes in Champ plastic at a 164 grams? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO GET ON THE INNOVA SITE THAT BAD? Seriously? Give the guy a moment of silence. It's obviously what they wanted. It'll probably be back up tomorrow. Monday at the latest. I can personally guarantee you'll survive. This entire thread should have been a tribute to Tim Selinske. Nice one guys. Biggups yourselves. You're all that matters.

Thank you for writing that so I didn't have to.

Agreed. This is the way Innova wanted to show their respect, gratitude and the way they wanted to memorialize him and you are going to complain that you can get to their site. DB. seriously that's about all you can say about those of you who are complaining that you can't get to the site for one day. There are hundreds of other sites out there with all the same info, you just wanted to bitch about something. Too bad you didn't have enough courtesy to complain about something besides the way a company decided to memorialize their co-worker and friend. Just show some respect. Even if you are upset that the page is down, don't shoot your mouth of because you can't look up the weight a disc comes in. The man died for God's sake.

Last edited:
It's there business, they can do whatever they want. I don't get mad at Chik-Fil-A for closing on Sundays either. Mostly because I hate their crappy pickles.

Latest posts