• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's new Speed 14 Driver-Innova Wahoo

I'm not sure that clamoring is correct
I get the impression that there isn't much love for this creature

They should call it "The Joker" cause you have to be kidding me. I understand Innova wants to try and stay 1 step ahead of everyone. But instead of coming out with new discs every 3 months why not work on improving your R-Pro plastic or releasing some discs that we all love in some plastics that are not readily available.

I know you can get many discs in CFR but how cool would it be to be able to go and buy say a Champion Gazelle, Or Champion Pig! right off the shelf at your disc shop. who wouldn't love a Star Wolf (totally kidding), or a Champion SL or TL. I think Innova have all areas as far as flight paths and such covered it would be nice to see more discs available in a wider array of plastic.

IMO of course.

So sick and tired of people that can't control there discs nose well enough to throw the groove well whining about it if. You don't like it don't throw it I throw all the 13 speeds and most other discs I find every one on here should know its not the discs it the player most of this sport is in your head not your arm

Name one pro that throws a groove.

how far are you throwing, them? 400+, whatever, your good. I can't do that, so I don't throw them. They are designed to go a certain speed, and I can't get it up to that speed, so they are useless to me. It seems I can't control the speed of the disc with my brain, but I can with my arm (or should I say body).

A lot of the sport is in the head (putting), but more of it is in muscle memory and technique. Mine is not good enough to throw faster discs, and most peoples isn't.

also, groove blows

Also, because you have to throw it just right, with perfect nose angle and release speed etc., it is extremely hard to do that consistently. I'd take a controlled 350 over a squirrely, inconsistent 400 any day.

They should call it "The Joker" cause you have to be kidding me. I understand Innova wants to try and stay 1 step ahead of everyone. But instead of coming out with new discs every 3 months why not work on improving your R-Pro plastic or releasing some discs that we all love in some plastics that are not readily available.

I know you can get many discs in CFR but how cool would it be to be able to go and buy say a Champion Gazelle, Or Champion Pig! right off the shelf at your disc shop. who wouldn't love a Star Wolf (totally kidding), or a Champion SL or TL. I think Innova have all areas as far as flight paths and such covered it would be nice to see more discs available in a wider array of plastic.

IMO of course.

I have a Champion TL.

I may not love it yet but I do like it quite a bit. Certainly more than it's ugly cousin the Teebird. *the audience gasps in horror :eek:*

Didn't they design/make these primarily for the Japan market?

Why all the piss and vinegar? If ya don't like it vote with your $, instead of loading this thread with d-bag-isms

I'd take a controlled 350 over a squirrely, inconsistent 400 any day.

A lot of people throw for aces, even though doing so usually reduces the chance of a deuce. I think it's the same motivation in going with fast, inconsistent drivers. You increase the chance of getting an impressive two on long hole, but will probably more than make up for it in bogeys.

Man I gotta defend Innova. I'm a fanboy. I began playing in '01 and I've watched them pretty much ever since, barring a few years off and on. Dave D seems to always be developing new discs, plastics, and seems really open to ideas and criticism. If players like something and buy it, then Dave supplies it. People don't buy, and it gets replaced. Makes total sense. Buy what YOU like. If you don't dig it, then don't buy it. Don't be fooled by the marketing hype. Drivers are the big sellers, hence more drivers. However, Innova releases new mids, fairways, and putters too. If you go and look at their history, it's been consistent. I've always thought the other brands were jealous and simply had trouble competing. I really don't care about this particular new driver, but I don't mind one bit if it catches fire and players love it. Noobs are always gonna buy what looks/sounds cool first, and then learn the techniques required later. Just the way it is. It took me years to appreciate a putter and learn to use it correctly.

Man I gotta defend Innova. I'm a fanboy. I began playing in '01 and I've watched them pretty much ever since, barring a few years off and on. Dave D seems to always be developing new discs, plastics, and seems really open to ideas and criticism. If players like something and buy it, then Dave supplies it. People don't buy, and it gets replaced. Makes total sense. Buy what YOU like. If you don't dig it, then don't buy it. Don't be fooled by the marketing hype. Drivers are the big sellers, hence more drivers. However, Innova releases new mids, fairways, and putters too. If you go and look at their history, it's been consistent. I've always thought the other brands were jealous and simply had trouble competing. I really don't care about this particular new driver, but I don't mind one bit if it catches fire and players love it. Noobs are always gonna buy what looks/sounds cool first, and then learn the techniques required later. Just the way it is. It took me years to appreciate a putter and learn to use it correctly.

That is stupid. You are too reasonable

So sick and tired of people that can't control there discs nose well enough to throw the groove well whining about it if. You don't like it don't throw it I throw all the 13 speeds and most other discs I find every one on here should know its not the discs it the player most of this sport is in your head not your arm

Say what?

I'm glad my comment didn't derail this tread too much. I still think the Obama is a good name though.

"Noobs" on the course need people like us to shed the light on what they are doing. They come, they see, they try to replicate with out the knowledge. I see people who have played for 1 summer and they have 15 disc's in their bag! First, after one year you shouldn't have a bag. I've got 11 years under my belt, I have 11 discs in my bag. "Noobs" need three discs. One Driver, one Mid, one Putter.

If you can't throw 3 discs consistantly, you don't need more that 3 discs. Out of my 11 discs I use 6 discs consistantly and all eleven maybe every 36-45 holes.

Innova should be spending time bringing back all the classic plastics every one spends $20-$40 on the old molds. For instance Make all the models in the old ce plastic. Bring back all the molds in the pearly plastic. Or make an indistructable gummy plastic. They should make some of the tooling on the back with an I and some with l that way people with dispute which are old, which are new and why some are better than others.

Bringing back the old CE and pearly plastic would be hard but I would say bring back discs that are in production but OOP in certain plastics. Like bring back the champ gator (not just cfr), champ classic roc, champ cheetah, champ whippet, champ stingray, or whatever else.

Bringing back the old CE and pearly plastic would be hard but I would say bring back discs that are in production but OOP in certain plastics. Like bring back the champ gator (not just cfr), champ classic roc, champ cheetah, champ whippet, champ stingray, or whatever else.

Lots of those fairway drivers didn't translate well into premium plastic (or so I have heard), but I would totally want a champion XD. and I also read that they stopped making CE plastic because they couldn't get the raw materials for it.

Lots of those fairway drivers didn't translate well into premium plastic (or so I have heard), but I would totally want a champion XD. and I also read that they stopped making CE plastic because they couldn't get the raw materials for it.

Well they make CFR gators, whippets, and gremlins. So, I can't see their reasoning there.

I think i will just stick with my wraith and teebird. got a boss so i dont think i need to keep getting faster discs. The faster discs are good, but i like the way the wraith and the destoyer fly. Just my opinion

Latest posts