• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's new Speed 14 Driver-Innova Wahoo

What else are they gonna release? Replacements for stuff that is already in our bags?

Not backing them...I really don't care about faster drivers..just sayin.

You are absolutely right.
They need to work on different plastics.

R-pro is alright but i want something that is durable yet gummy for drivers just like discraft's flx plastic.

You are absolutely right.
They need to work on different plastics.

R-pro is alright but i want something that is durable yet gummy for drivers just like discraft's flx plastic.

Exactly. BETTER PLASTICS! They need to start competing.

Man. You guys are rough on people trying to get into the sport. See alot of this kind of chatter here.

Its not actually trying to be rough on people starting the sport. Actually its the opposite.

New players really hurt themselves by learning to throw these super fast discs when they plateau with a ton of bad habits. Its hard to break bad habits, and even harder when you have to take a few steps back before you can even progress.

Its not actually trying to be rough on people starting the sport. Actually its the opposite.

New players really hurt themselves by learning to throw these super fast discs when they plateau with a ton of bad habits. Its hard to break bad habits, and even harder when you have to take a few steps back before you can even progress.

Yes. It really hurts new players to pick up bosses/katanas/grooves etc..just because they have no idea about disc ratings. Everyone does this when they first start. It could actually hurtyour game so much..that you don't wanna play anymore.

Sorry for continuing the off topic talk, but I thought Star plastic was a Pro / Champ blend?

Hmm it might be. I was just getting at the older more durable Pro plastics that used to be around and are highlt coveted.

Man. You guys are rough on people trying to get into the sport. See alot of this kind of chatter here.

That wasn't my intent at all and if there are any n00bs that read it that way, I'm sorry...I was(am) a n00b not too long ago myself. It's for the reasons outlined by Technohic and j0atz that I don't think the disc such as the Katana and Nuke are appropriate for newer players. Most new players don't seek information about form/technique and the physics/physiology of discs and throwing, so they see Speed 14 vs. Speed 9 and automatically assume that the Speed 14 going to give them the most distance when, in fact, it might not go as far as the Speed 9 if thrown improperly or without enough snap/power.

I think the Pro Katana in lighter weights is highly appropriate for newer players. It has the flight pattern of a long Valkyrie for me. If I had that disc when I started I would've been LOVIN it.

A leopard is highly appropriate for new players.

Something >2x faster than a leopard is not.

Lol. Really guys... Of course the disc companies are going to keep making faster discs and the latest greatest. It's the archer not the arrow. I've talked to many pros and lotsof them won't touch anything faster than a destroyer. Why? Control and accuracy not to mention consistancy. I can bomb destroyers and xcalibers within about 15 feet of a boss. The difference is that I can do it every time with a destroyer and ever once in a while with a boss. Those super fat super fast discs are really only good for people that can grip them properly. It's the archer not the arrow. I can putt better than you can throw your kabossnuke.

I believe that newer players should definatly stick to the much slower discs if they really want to develop and not rely on the disc for d.

Ummm, everything you just said points to the arrow not the archer.

Super fast discs=too wide a rim to hold properly=poor release=bad accuracy

If the pros don't like them either then it truly IS the arrow...not the archer.