• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guthrie posted this as a response to his farewell message on face book:
"64° 92°"

http://www.facebook.com/garrett.gurthie

I think he's a bit off on those coordinates. According to Google Maps, that appears to be somewhere in the mountains of Siberia.

Yeah, thats where I landed too. :)

-64° -92° and -64° 92° both put me in the Antarctic Ocean not too far off the continent. Perhaps this is the HQ?

64° -92° hits land, in Nunavut just NW of Hudson Bay.

Last edited:
Great to have sponsorships for yourself, but will these sponsors inject money into the tour? Or create their own tour? Because I don't imagine that the local clubs will be putting tons more money into their events.

Great to have sponsorships for yourself, but will these sponsors inject money into the tour? Or create their own tour? Because I don't imagine that the local clubs will be putting tons more money into their events.

This

Seems like all these moves are attempts to secure individual gain over growing the tour. Until all is revealed I don't believe the hype. I think we are desperate for the next "it" thing to pop some bubble. Just go to work, no more talking, all will be ok

Last edited:
the whole way to make this sport grow is to realize we have to be interesting and fun for people to watch and want to follow! I think its great when people enjoy what i do, i know i sure get a kick out if playing and playing for crowds! I love having galleries and showing people how this game can be played like a professional and still have fun.

mj for prez

This reminds me of when all the H-Street riders left to start Plan B skateboards. Then a few years later when a lot of the same riders left world industries/Plan B/Blind to start Girl/Chocolate. Crippling for the companies left in the dust. Probably wont be that way for innova or discraft though at least not as much.

I don't think Discraft or Innova will be heartbroken by the losses.
If it causes them to re-asses their values and business model, they'll survive nonetheless.
The pros in this sport, historically, have defined disc golf as a pro-driven sport. AMS have accepted this as "just the way it is". In fact, I believe this presupposition on their part to be false.
This sport is driven by disc sales and weekend warriors.
I may be wrong, but my prediction is that the major disc companies will have the majority of their talent back within 2-3 years. Long enough for the upstart to lose all their start-up money and goodwill.
Discuss...:popcorn:

any news on the actual discs prodigy is going to release? Im not too familiar with the process but seems like we usually hear of them being approved or get some specs before they come.. i mean what its like a week away or something right? Im more so interested to see if any struggles switching over or if they kill it anyway.. i guess most could throw trashcan lids out there and still tear it up

I don't know squat. But I've been following this tapestry of threads closely, and I'm aware that there's plenty of members here who know more than they're letting on, and there's been a couple off-hand 'guesses' at/mentions of a major sponsorship that's bigger than DG...

DG + podiatrist + Greek Winged Goddess of Victory + publicly traded/nobody's spilling the beans/SEC disclosure regs =

It ain't just new discs we're talking about. The fact that most if not all the players "confirmed" or "hard-rumored" to be involved are young, i.e. have like 15 years of open div qualification left means long term planning in the business model, which is how major concerns plan....

Maybe we won't be seeing a major tourney on the tube next year, but is anyone taking odds on national advertising?

???

-64° -92° and -64° 92° both put me in the Antarctic Ocean not too far off the continent. Perhaps this is the HQ?

64° -92° hits land, in Nunavut just NW of Hudson Bay.

64 N lat should be obvious. 92 west longitude bisects the US N-S from the Gulf of Mex (LA) to Minn.

If we assume that GG's not an expert cartographer, and he meant 88 rather than 92, it passes through AL.

any news on the actual discs prodigy is going to release? Im not too familiar with the process but seems like we usually hear of them being approved or get some specs before they come.. i mean what its like a week away or something right? Im more so interested to see if any struggles switching over or if they kill it anyway.. i guess most could throw trashcan lids out there and still tear it up

DD quietly had their discs added to the list of approved discs. I imagine this will be a similar situation.

I have one prediction... if McBeth stays with Innova, he's going to have a huge year next year.

Prodigy, and the pros are going to have to promote the heck out of these discs in order to make a nice profit. I can't see them really competing with Innova, Discraft, or Lat 64 if they don't.

I have one prediction... if McBeth stays with Innova, he's going to have a huge year next year.

Why would it matter if he was with Innova or someone else? Not sure how that would affect his performance......:confused:

Why would it matter if he was with Innova or someone else? Not sure how that would affect his performance......:confused:

Maybe because everyone else will be using new discs they're not used to? So McBeth with have the advantage.

This

Seems like all these moves are attempts to secure individual gain over growing the tour. Until all is revealed I don't believe the hype. I think we are desperate for the next "it" thing to pop some bubble. Just go to work, no more talking, all will be ok

I'd just say that, for those that want to be full time touring pros, individual gain and legitimizing one tour to rule them all and in the forest bind them is one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts