• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance won't be affected... everybody who is switching companies will be.

Why? Surely you don't think these new discs are untested do you? I'd be willing to bet that the pros have thrown Prodigy plastic until their arms were ready to fall off.
It might have even impacted their decisions.

64 N lat should be obvious. 92 west longitude bisects the US N-S from the Gulf of Mex (LA) to Minn.

If we assume that GG's not an expert cartographer, and he meant 88 rather than 92, it passes through AL.

Maybe he means latitude64 the company which molds discs for DD. Its been said that the DD team will be able to throw lat64 discs too. Also the longitude of emporia ks is 96 degrees which is close.

Plus, I happen to know for a fact that these new discs are being used by these guys already.

This

Seems like all these moves are attempts to secure individual gain over growing the tour. Until all is revealed I don't believe the hype. I think we are desperate for the next "it" thing to pop some bubble. Just go to work, no more talking, all will be ok

The whole point is growth over the current stagnant Innova/PDGA model. Growth for players, growth for payouts, growth for major events, growth for the sport we all love.

Just like with all competition in business the consumer wins. More money, more investment will only help bring us to the next level.

-Chris

I don't agree with what he said, but I understand the logic.

Well I happen to play with a couple of the folks that are the subject of all of this, and I have seen it first hand. I'm not joking when I say I could hand them a disc they have never seen or heard of before, and they will beat the snot out of me with it......and I'm no slouch myself.

Well I happen to play with a couple of the folks that are the subject of all of this, and I have seen it first hand. I'm not joking when I say I could hand them a disc they have never seen or heard of before, and they will beat the snot out of me with it......and I'm no slouch myself.

No doubt. I agree with you completely.

True growth for the pro game and payouts can only come from growth in spectators. None of the rumors so far indicate actions that will potentially impact this. Just more manufacturers and players trying to get their slice of the currently expanding pie. But we'll wait and see what unfolds.

I'm a hipster troll now...lol

3141776_700b.jpg

True growth for the pro game and payouts can only come from growth in spectators. None of the rumors so far indicate actions that will potentially impact this. Just more manufacturers and players trying to get their slice of the currently expanding pie. But we'll wait and see what unfolds.

But how do you do "more spectators?" Are you talking about on the ground spectators, selling passes to major/A tiers, or something? Or are you saying it ain't happening, b/c there won't be enough spectators...?

Hrmmm GG to L64°? I wonder what a Halo looks and sounds like coming out of his hand....

EDIT: I watched Wiggins throw a demonstration. he ran out of his own discs so people started just tossing him discs to bomb. a couple of times he would pause and ask "what does this do?" and the usual response was "for you it's probably flippy" and then KA-BOOOOM it went 500 feet into a headwind.

Last edited:
Hrmmm GG to L64°? I wonder what a Halo looks and sounds like coming out of his hand....

Not sure you could see it at all. Reminds be of the old Baseball quote, I'm guessing it was Yogi, when they were playing against a fireballer who had his best stuff working.

Yogi strikes out on a called strike three, turns to the ump and says, "I don't know, that one sounded high to me."

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thankyou, Mr Kennedy for being the paragon of clarity and circumspectitude.
<circumspectitude>, is that a word??

This

Status
Not open for further replies.