• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pros changing

Speculation, speculation, speculation,nutsac and golden retriever are the new players

After reading through my posts I just want to make it clear that I am not trying to say anything negative about either company. I was just explaining the predicament I am in and the facts that are influencing my decision. I hope no one takes these the wrong way. Again I love both Discraft and Dynamic Discs, just wish my decision was easier and I had a little more to work with.

I didn't take it that way at all. I thought you were be quite professional and careful in your wording which is wise

^^^Pink discs are easy to find period. MVP's hot pink is SICK. My bag is becoming more and more pink as we speak.

:D

6 of the 21 discs I carry are pink. I choose pink first, then white, then orange, then yellow

@Widdershins

(please don't interpret my comments as a pissing match - peace)

I agree with:

quote:
"From the standpoint of Innova and Discraft, why should they match the offers? The players being poached are basically the young guns with the most potential. As the game is now attracting more and better athletes wouldn't we expect the next few years will bring in the next batch of fine young talent and see this cycle continuing in the future? How critical are Schusterick and Kolling to the future of the big 2?"

and basically the rest of the post except for the last line:

"The established firms have earned their credibility. Why should they panic if a new, unproven company arrives?"

The Detroit Big 3 also thought this back in the 60/70's when Japanese cars started to come over. Now, Toyota is the number one manufacturer in the world. This is a bit of a stretch I realize, but any company, no matter how large they are, should be purposeful on how they handle new competition. Complacency will kill a company, no matter how big or established they are.

Anyone else think Prodigy hurt their image with this whole process?
i lost respect for Lebron the way he handled his decision.

Not to compare them to lebron, but this is silly. If you wanted to wait till 1/1 then why not wait till 1/1?

Anyone else think Prodigy hurt their image with this whole process?
i lost respect for Lebron the way he handled his decision.

Not to compare them to lebron, but this is silly. If you wanted to wait till 1/1 then why not wait till 1/1?

i think the pros themselves jumped the gun. they should have informed their sponsors as soon as possible. then announced as a whole on the 1st. classier imo.
but i could care less about how their team handles themselves. the product and the consistency will be how i judge them.

Prodigy HAS waited. Outside of speculation and rumors, no one with Prodigy has said anything.
I do question why Lavone would hang those discs in his store.
I've also heard that some of the others behind Prodigy didn't think it was a smart move hanging them up so soon.

So will these new discs be available on the first? I'll probably pick up a few to try. Odd for me to not even give the DD discs a look, but I'm pretty happy with my bag now. That and if they are just some tweaked Lat/Westside molds I'll hold off until I read more reviews. Prodigy supposedly being local really has me interested especially if they are manufactured here in Bama. Gotta support my local economy. At least that's what I'll tell the wife :p

So will these new discs be available on the first? I'll probably pick up a few to try. Odd for me to not even give the DD discs a look, but I'm pretty happy with my bag now. That and if they are just some tweaked Lat/Westside molds I'll hold off until I read more reviews. Prodigy supposedly being local really has me interested especially if they are manufactured here in Bama. Gotta support my local economy. At least that's what I'll tell the wife :p

100% sure that retailers have not been contacted by Prodigy about selling discs. Or at least that Disc Nation isn't cool enough to have been contacted yet. Retailers aren't big fans of buying lots of plastic to sell at this time of year.

Lame. So we have to wait for the announcement of the new company we all know about, then wait again for plastic? :\:\:doh:

So why hasn't anyone said maybe those are innova or discraft discs with a prodigy dye? :popcorn:

Also, I don't see how you guys can say any of this speculation can hurt the company. They haven't put anything out there to speak of yet. If anything, it has gotten people talking. Props to them for staying classy.

100% sure that retailers have not been contacted by Prodigy about selling discs. Or at least that Disc Nation isn't cool enough to have been contacted yet. Retailers aren't big fans of buying lots of plastic to sell at this time of year.

I bet the announcement will be sometime this week, but no sense in putting all the plastic on the market yet, other than to try and capitalize on holiday gift certificate users.

And is there a definitive "Everything will be revealed on 1/1" that I missed, or is this just what everyone is expecting? Why not wait to drop the news on the 2nd, or even later, when most people go back to work and will be wasting time on the Interwebz instead of on 1/1 when everyone is nursing their hangovers and watching bowl games?

Heard that one Team Prodigy member was already dropped, sounds like they have very high standards.

Coul you enlighten us as to who that may have been? And I wonder if Discraft/Innova will take them back...

I'm sorry but that information will have to wait until 1/1/13, at which point you will still no nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts