• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with using a player's rating (which is already a part of the formula) and wins/money.

Rank wins differently based on tier......C=1, B=3, A=7, NT=10, M=15

Also we can send them in late but my bag didn't change enough for me to send it in later in the season.
I definitely think wins should be used as a bonus point system as well. Unfortunately I don't get many opportunities to get wins in so that system works against me but I am totally for it as bonus points to the system we already have. Also money should be bonus points as well. It just helps even out people who are getting screwed by the current formula.

Maybe something like this - $0-$999 1pt, $1000-$2499 3pts, $2500 - $4999 5pts, $5000 - $9999 10pts, $10000+ 15pts

This is what gets my respect. Way to go!

Thanks eegor, just remember that if I ever run for a PDGA office.......I actually wanted to originally be a marketing major so I could help the sport in that aspext but I decided to go with political science and hope to work at a think-tank or polling institution after getting my Master's.

I agree with ya, (Matt?) You can play a ton of B-tiers and be 1020 rated and still be on the lower team just because you're not getting enough points. But in a way it does make sense, they do want players traveling and not just staying in their own state. So you get rewarded if you play an NT or Major. Look at me for example. I only played 12 tourneys this year, but have around 5000 points. I only played 1 major and 2 NTs. There needs to be some kind of happy medium.

A lot more traveling would occur if it were actually financially worth it.....Closest A-tier outside of TX is 10 hours away.

A lot more traveling would occur if it were actually financially worth it.....Closest A-tier outside of TX is 10 hours away.

i played 26 events with 13 wins and you'll probably have more points than me! But they can move me where they want, without enough money in the sport to want to travel, I stay local-ish and get to play with good people who enjoy the game!

i played 26 events with 13 wins and you'll probably have more points than me! But they can move me where they want, without enough money in the sport to want to travel, I stay local-ish and get to play with good people who enjoy the game!
and a final 9 showing at worlds :D You totally deserve some extra perks MJ

I have 2225 points.......you got 2115 at Worlds alone! :D My "best points" event was the Player's Cup with 440.

I do agree with everything else you said though!

i was off on the points :) Last year i played 33 events and only had like 2900 points.

I am NOT waiting until Jan 1st to make my Disc Golf announcement like all of the other young top pros in the country..... I am staying with my sponsor Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697 - as she has never let me down and no other offers could cause me to leave her ever!

Keep on the lookout in 2015!!

Wow, I am a bit surprised to hear this....I guess I can see how Paul can come off a bit standoffish or short. What I can tell you though, nothing could be farther from the truth. I am not trying to make excuses, but imagine the stress and lack of sleep that any TD goes through when running an NT/A like that. Paul is up at the course for weeks before the tournament getting things ready and at the course for days after the event tearing things down. Rob, I can tell you that Paul runs 4-5 tournaments a year that are either C or B tier and the scores are up by the end of the day or early that next day. Hosting 170ish people and having scores up that fast takes a bit more time....the day after the tournament he is up at the course breaking down the temporary course, moving baskets back to storage, tearing down banners, moving 20+ fly pads back to storarge, taking U-Haul back, having POD picked up, ETC.....I hope you get the point. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and I am sure the scores are not the only priority on the to do list. Hopefully you can cut TD's in general some slack. While we are at home resting, their work does not stop for days after the event.

Ripper, sorry to hear your comments too.....I can tell you Paul is one of the nicest, most giving people I have ever met. Again, during the BHMO I can tell you the lack of sleep starts to wear you down. Raising money for the LLS is one of the driving factors for this event. Paul is passionate about this and I can tell you he is already thinking about how to make next year better. Please come back and I hope Columbus can prove you wrong!

Back to the gossip! :D

:clap:
You are right. Paul can seem gruff but the man really does care and works his a$$ off for this event, as does the other Flyers members.

For a long time I was convinced that Paul Jay lived in the woods at the Hambrick. He seemed to be there every time I showed up to play a round no matter the time of day.

4FNSU.jpg
huntsville-city-logo-ca52c8696f05777a_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts