• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A smart investment is simply hiring a lawyer to look over any contract before you sign. It also helps in getting a better deal.

They won't have to make a new top for the mold. It's a easy machine shop fix. Just fill in the name with brass brazing rod then grind and polish back smooth. Done this type of mold repair many times.
Just like they did with the patent number... :thmbup:
they took an icepick to the patent number

I was thinking along the lines of not wanting somebody's name on your product who is promoting a competitors product. No clue on what a sponsorship contract would entail.

Hmm, all this legal talk makes me want to build my own planet and live on it. I think fixing the mold is the easy solution, and if they want to put another name on it I am sure there is a simply way to make that happen as well. I never did understand why all Ti discs were sig discs.

One last thought on the legal stuff. The players who are changing companies and potentially gaining part ownership in a company better look over those contracts really closely. Knowing their outs from ownership might be really important in the future. I would hate to see all these young players stuck throwing plastic they dislike simply because they own the company.

Just like they did with the patent number... :thmbup:
they took an icepick to the patent number

I thought about that too but was hoping that was an in house mod. :p

As far as engraving another name, I'd pick a new spot on the mold or fill it with steel instead. Unless it was heat treated in which case it can still be done its just a lot tougher on tooling.

Jan. 1, 2013

Nikko: "Hey, disc golfers of the world, we have a huge announcement!"

We: "K."

Nikko: "Prodigy Disc Golf! Look at all these pros we have!"

We: *yawn*

Horrible 1st post.

It's not anyone's place to release information about something that they're not involved in. If the people going to the team aren't letting anyone know anything about the company, you think the pros that aren't going to the team are going to spill the beans? Why do people not use their brain when they type stuff out.

I'm sorry my "1st post" was so horrible. The post count next to my name would have been a couple more than listed, but password retrieval is difficult here. Losing an email account really sucks. Now, I know that you're bigshot here because of that high number of posts next to your name. I 'd hate to step on your feet and upset you, so please forgive me....Just because someone isn't going to a team, doesn't mean they have to be secretive. If there was a "non-disclosure" clause, fine. That's something that could quite possibly be in place. 99% of us don't know everything. The other 1% of you guys know it all. I'm in complete awe of you and your followers and wish that I could be part of your group that has 10,000,000 posts. You're my hero. Now, to quote your ignorant ass, "Why do people not use their brain when they type stuff out?" Have a nice day, cupcake....

I'm sorry my "1st post" was so horrible. The post count next to my name would have been a couple more than listed, but password retrieval is difficult here. Losing an email account really sucks. Now, I know that you're bigshot here because of that high number of posts next to your name. I 'd hate to step on your feet and upset you, so please forgive me....Just because someone isn't going to a team, doesn't mean they have to be secretive. If there was a "non-disclosure" clause, fine. That's something that could quite possibly be in place. 99% of us don't know everything. The other 1% of you guys know it all. I'm in complete awe of you and your followers and wish that I could be part of your group that has 10,000,000 posts. You're my hero. Now, to quote your ignorant ass, "Why do people not use their brain when they type stuff out?" Have a nice day, cupcake....

Excellent second post. :hfive: :popcorn:

All 10,000,000 of Deadeye's posts are saying that other people on this forum are stupid.

Some interesting conversations happening. I'm not sure that I can be cynical about a new endeavor in disc golf, though...right? If there is, in fact, a new disc manufacturer in the game, then let me be the first to base my judgement purely on these discs' performance and not heresy. I haven't held these discs. I haven't played a round with them. But if they're coming out soon, I'll be excited to try them out. I think that we could use a little less belittling of a new company and a little more embrace. Change is good, we move forward through the open doors of change, and I for one am excited for 2013.

Here to save the day from DGCR's cynical skepticism? Sound the triumphant trumpets! Da-ta-tadaaaaah! Goofiness aside, you're not the only one. Lots of us are anticipating the end to this charade :)

Here to save the day from DGCR's cynical skepticism? Sound the triumphant trumpets! Da-ta-tadaaaaah! Goofiness aside, you're not the only one. Lots of us are anticipating the end to this charade :)

Ugh...so gross. Remind me never to play a round with you.

Me: Hey, dude, did you see that?

You: What?

Me: I just threw my first ace.

You: *yawn*

I won't argue with you, so troll me. I'd just like to say that the degradation of disc golf is found in it's short list of players that have no sense of respect for the game or it's other players. I'm not here to save you from your self-destructive views on other's accomplishments, merely pointing out that this worldview is an exact reaction to what's being fed to you and the other cynical remarks. It's not based on facts. lol Thanks for the reply!

I swear I saw a facebook page for them today with a picture of the team, backs turned to the camera. Did anyone else see it or have a link?

I'm pumped! It's exciting. It's already creating bigger rivalries than Innova or Discraft ever did (in my humble opinion). People are already hating on Prodigy, and they haven't held a disc yet. It's ALL good for the sport. Come 1/1/13, everyone will be waiting to hear the news...haters and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.