• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

InStep DG200

That answer depends entirely on how you intend to use it.

I think if you're storing it out of the weather a cheaper one will do just fine. Otherwise I want a powdercoated mach V.

Yeah, I have looked at the powdercoated mach V's that are sweet. I wonder why they only come in orange and blue. They must be syracuse or boise state fans. = )

you might be able to buy a cheap basket and take it to a body shop and have it powder coated for you for cheap. I had a set of rims powdered for a 55 chevy for $25 a piece. They'd probably look at you strange but in this economy business is business.

My question is would you rather have an instep that will rust over time so you end up buying 2 or 3 in 20 years or one great basket that costs more but won't rust like a Mach 3 or discatcher? Just wondering?
Yea, I would rather have 18 insteps instead of discatchers or Mach 3 if it mean't spending $1440 plus a couple hundred for chains and rustoleum instead of $5760.

Yea, I would rather have 18 insteps instead of discatchers or Mach 3 if it mean't spending $1440 plus a couple hundred for chains and rustoleum instead of $5760.

I was referring to one for your home.

If it meant saving thousands for a new course though I would do the same.

My question is would you rather have an instep that will rust over time so you end up buying 2 or 3 in 20 years or one great basket that costs more but won't rust like a Mach 3 or discatcher? Just wondering?

There is an old saying, buy once, cry once. I would prefer the better basket, but that's just me.

I think a better basket is nice if you are making your own course, they'll last a lifetime. But if you are handy you can get the cheap one and if you want to leave it out side just weather proof it. In life I always end up buying the expensive stuff though... I've had major problems with cheap harbor freight tools so I get the good ones...
"you get what you pay for"
Maybe when I have a job and decide I'm going pro I'll get myself a $400 basket. ;)

The InStep is a great portable, practice , or temp basket. For inground installation, I would spend the extra money.

The Putter really isnt that bad, hit quite a few putts with it playing around.

The Putter really isnt that bad, hit quite a few putts with it playing around.

I gave the three disc to a friend who is learning the game. After some backyard putting and two rounds the putter has warped pretty bad. It still flies pretty straight though.

Midnightbiker, where did you get your extra chains and stuf for your InStep goal?

You can get the chain at hardware stores such as Home Depot, Lowes, etc...
Most of those places will also carry the S hooks and rings used to attach. I have heard some people say they had to get the rings from a craft store instead though.

I gave the three disc to a friend who is learning the game. After some backyard putting and two rounds the putter has warped pretty bad. It still flies pretty straight though.

Ah, didnt know how durable it is(or indurable). I have mine in a closet somewhere, only messed around with it a few days but it seemed ok.

Latest posts