• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing my neighbors to Disc Golf

dgar

Par Member
This morning I plan on taking my neighbors to play their first round of disc golf..its 730 am and they've already text me saying lets go..

This will be my first time to introduce DG to someone new.. its a Lady and her boyfriend..

I plan to give them both putters and a mid.. probably a buzzz for both of them, we can start in a field first just let them toss a few in the open to get a feel for it.. going to try and keep it fun.. not too much instruction..

I'll update this and let you know how it went when I get home... maybe two more DG'ers in the area...

Yea - I live on a ball golf course and have been throwing on the fairways. I think MY neighbors think I'm crazy but a couple houses down I have seen Frisbee's in action.

I do have one friend that FINALLY we will go out and play a round, he;s only thrown a disc a few times and knows I need to tell him grips and so forth.

Well.. I think things went well with the neighbors. It appeared they enjoyed themselves, I gave them both a putter, mid, and 150 driver ( i know they probably could have done better without the driver)..

As we played they begin to get a little more glide out of their disc, not as much crash and burn to the left..

They were quite funny, insisting to keep up with their score... made me Laugh they would throw three tee shots.. take the best throw and count it laying one :D, it didn't matter, it was all about having fun and I think everyone did.. so in that case we all WON

"If you get the chance share the sport".. would make me feel great if they actually took an interest in playing, how cool would that be!!

Well.. I think things went well with the neighbors. It appeared they enjoyed themselves, I gave them both a putter, mid, and 150 driver ( i know they probably could have done better without the driver)..

As we played they begin to get a little more glide out of their disc, not as much crash and burn to the left..

They were quite funny, insisting to keep up with their score... made me Laugh they would throw three tee shots.. take the best throw and count it laying one :D, it didn't matter, it was all about having fun and I think everyone did.. so in that case we all WON

"If you get the chance share the sport".. would make me feel great if they actually took an interest in playing, how cool would that be!!

Way to go. This should be a sticky on how to introduce newbies. :clap:
:hfive: :D

It's always nice to introduce people to the great game of disc golf. A lot of people are not really familiar with it so it's interesting to see what happens. My friend that we introduced to dg has taken quite a shining to it and honestly he's one of the last people I thought would get into disc golf. It's quite refreshing to have that connection. I am hoping to throw some discs with my girlfriend sometime and maybe perhaps if the stars align then she'll enjoy it.

My buddy took me to a doubles tournament last weekend and I got hooked. Hell I bought a bag and 4 discs already. He's asked me before and I had blown him off, finally gave in because I didn't have an excuse not to. Glad I went

The very first disc I threw was on a course. Took me 12 holes before I learned HOW to throw and then I was gold for 150 feet. LOL.

I wish I had some one with me reminding me those were not Frisbees.

My buddy took me to a doubles tournament last weekend and I got hooked. Hell I bought a bag and 4 discs already. He's asked me before and I had blown him off, finally gave in because I didn't have an excuse not to. Glad I went

I had the opposite problem. A buddy of mine was always talking about their games and I kept telling him I was interested. I asked him to call or text me when they were going and I would join them. Months went by with him still talking disc golf, but never inviting me. I finally got tired of waiting and went by myself to see what it was all about. We eventually played a round together and my revenge was beating him, LOL.

Curtis

Ive introduced people twice to Disc Golf. My ex-ex girlfriend (and her friends) and my current girlfriend.

The ex-ex liked it, but wasn't very great even after a few months of playing, I always felt bad finishing holes multiple shots ahead of her. Her friends had fun the first time but weren't interested in coming back out.

My current girlfriend likes it, but she's still sort of.."dipping her toes in the water" with it. She has came out to play multiple times, and while she doesn't track her own score, she does try and improve and asks me for tips. She has even slightly expressed interest in buying her own discs, so Id call that one a success.

Latest posts