• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Iowa along the Mississippi River.

Quad cities count?

West Lake
Camden I & II
Middle Road Park

Those are the big ones, there are plenty more

Keokuk and Hamilton, IL across the river is a nice stop if you get that far south.

Ft. Madison has 3 courses, though one is an object course with pizza pan targets, I always make a point to play pioneer trail if I'm rolling through town - camping on site as well. Then of course Quad Cities, can't miss West Lake and Camden II and several others are worth checking out if you have the time.

Thanks folks - going from the Minnesota border to St. Louis, so all these sound good.

Also in the Quad Cities is Prospect Park. I've played and enjoyed Camden II, Middle Park, and 2 or 3 more, but Prospect Park was the one that I went back to and played 5 times. As the reviews say, it is fun and different. I don't think there are any two holes that that feel the same or repetitive.

Iron Lion disc golf store is nearby, and worth a visit. They often have some good CFR discs. Back when I was loving Cobras, they are where I found one in Star.

Last edited:
Only course I've played along there is Dubuque Veteran's Memorial, but I thought it was a very nice course and well worth a play if you're in the area.

Here's what we played - some of our choices were dictated by time and convenience:

•Twin Creeks, Hokah MN
•Old Mill, Savannah IL
•Prospect Park, Moline, IL
•Middle Park, Bettendorf IA
•Rand Park, Keokuk IA
•Moorman Park, Quincy IL
•Huckleberry, Hannibal MO
•Endicott Park, St. Louis MO
•Jones Park, Cedar Rapids IA

Most of these courses were a blast. I was impressed to find so many of them in spacious city parks surrounded by neighborhoods. I expected to lose a lot of discs, but we lost only one, and found 3, one of which was returned.

Could easily do the same trip again and play an entirely different set of courses.

Also saw a couple minor league baseball games, camped, and drank some good local brews along the way.

First DG road trip, and it was great.

Latest posts