• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is the Eagle-L OOP?

KAK3990

Birdie Member
I dunno if anyone can help me out here.

I recently bought a champ Eagle-L, is this mold OOP??

I was on the Innova site and they have the SL, TL and FL all listed but not the Eagle-L.

No big deal either way, but before I become too attached to a mold I would like to know if its going to be hard to find (i.e. expensive) in the future.

Thanks for your help

The Eagle-L doesn't have the fancy abbreviated EL moniker like the others. You'll just have to finger through the stacks of Eagles looking for them.

Thanks

I was just asking because I dig them more than the eagle-X mold. But Im not someone who will go fishing for a certain disc and if its gonna be expensive in the future Ill just throw something else.

What also made me ask is DGC dosent have anything left but dx. Its circumstantial, but puzzling.

Since no one has really answered your question, the Eagle L is not OOP. Innova just brought it back (in Champ) some time this year. However, given their tendency to stop production on discs at the drop of a hat, I would stock up now if I were you.

Thanks

I was just asking because I dig them more than the eagle-X mold. But Im not someone who will go fishing for a certain disc and if its gonna be expensive in the future Ill just throw something else.

What also made me ask is DGC dosent have anything left but dx. Its circumstantial, but puzzling.

..i have a almost new eagle L I'd love tot trade or sell. $9 shipped

Since no one has really answered your question, the Eagle L is not OOP. Innova just brought it back (in Champ) some time this year. However, given their tendency to stop production on discs at the drop of a hat, I would stock up now if I were you.

I highly doubt Innova will ever stop production of either Eagle mold.

They didn't produce the Eagle L in Champ for a long time (until recently). Were there even 12x Eagle L's until this year? I don't think I've ever seen one.

That's because they're not as popular and they still had stacks of 11x.

They were never not available.

Dave D said like a year ago all eagles are gonna be the X mold moving forward.

Dave D said a long time ago that all Eagles would be X's, long enough ago that it would have been before a recent run of Champ L's. I have not been looking at Eagles, so I can't confirm or deny a recent run of Champ L's.

So who knows? I was surprised that the EL didn't get split off into its own mold like all the other infamous "L" molds, but it wasn't. It will probably pop back up from time to time because it's Innova and confounding us is what they do.

Noob question, and I'm sure I've read the answer somewhere on here before and I'm sure I could search for it....

What's the difference between:

-Eagle
-Eagle X
-Eagle L

?

The two Eagles: Eagle-X & Eagle-L

both-eagles.jpg

In champ plastic the L mold has nice high speed turn but reliable fade. I would not call it understable. The 11x X's that I threw were like shorter firebirds.

So, is the EL a little more understable, like the rest of the "L" discs?
Does the "X" mean more overstable?

In a very general sense this is true. There are differences between runs and discs of different eras, but yes, basically, the X mold is more overstable than the L.

I didn't realize there was a new run of ELs. All the stores around here only have EXs in champ.

I'm not sure if it's a new run or just old stock with a new stamp.

I've seen em, and the plastic looks/feels pretty much identical to all of my opaque 11x ELs.

There are newer plastic champ and fly-dye champ 12x ELs... I seent 'em

Latest posts