• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this shoe DG legal?

Yeah if you have any foot drag at all, these are going to shred. The bottoms may be Vibram, but it looks like the uppers of the shoe are some sort of Lycra - which won't play nicely with concrete.

BUT - spend the money on them and let us know if they shred or not!

I'll probably try it at some point. Maybe not till next year. But I wear Vibrams because I hate shoes and want to feel as close to barefoot as possible - these seem even closer to barefoot than traditional fivefingers.

I just got some Merrell Vapor Gloves and they are as close to being barefoot while looking like a traditional shoe as I've seen, just as much feedback as my thinnest Five Fingers. :thmbup:

That being said, I like my Trail Gloves for DG the best. There's a sweet spot of needing just enough sole to not distract you with pointy rocks and concrete and be barefoot enough to give you oodles of control when you throw and the Trail Gloves are right in that sweet spot for me.

I just got some Merrell Vapor Gloves and they are as close to being barefoot while looking like a traditional shoe as I've seen, just as much feedback as my thinnest Five Fingers. :thmbup:

That being said, I like my Trail Gloves for DG the best. There's a sweet spot of needing just enough sole to not distract you with pointy rocks and concrete and be barefoot enough to give you oodles of control when you throw and the Trail Gloves are right in that sweet spot for me.

I picked up a pair of Trail Gloves for DG and found I really didn't like throwing with that much foot flexibility as I thought I would. I ended up getting some Capra Sport and I feel I need that amount of rigidity to the sole for throwing.

For running however? The Trail Gloves are the most amazing shoes i've had. I'm way heavier than my old running days and using traditional big guy shoes I passed by a weight a few years ago that made me think i'll never run again without knee and back pain. Trail Gloves have brought me back. Amazing that being 60+ lbs overweight (now 30 thanks to running again) I could run better and more pain free in these minimalist shoes than others designed for big guys.

Latest posts