• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

ordered 4 jawbreaker roaches the other day. 3 were great firm tacky 1 was super slick and felt like the old waxy D. Been using the slick one as a thrower think it would just beat into a real flippy one that I could use for anny putts, but it is holding up really well. Still think jawbreaker is currently the best plastic out there but going to have to buy them hands on from now on.

So when you buy them hands on, are you looking for the firm & tacky or the slick? Sounds like it might be worth the slickness to have increased durability...

I'm sure this has been said before but I believe the "slickness" is a releasing agent that they spray on the molds every X number of injections. Just wash it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well rest assured, I want x wasps. I would settle for JB wasps. But X...definitely.

"Tournament Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 50 discs(10 per model) Must include the event name and date.
Club Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 50 discs(10 per model) Must include the full club name and year.
Business/other Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 100 discs(10 per model)"

I wish Discraft would let you custom order any disc in any plastic. But then you'd have to throw a tourney or start a club to get the order minimum down to 50 discs.

"I Wanted Some X-Wasps Inaugural Championship - 2017"

"Tournament Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 50 discs(10 per model) Must include the event name and date.
Club Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 50 discs(10 per model) Must include the full club name and year.
Business/other Hot Stamp. Minimum order is 100 discs(10 per model)"

I wish Discraft would let you custom order any disc in any plastic. But then you'd have to throw a tourney or start a club to get the order minimum down to 50 discs.

"I Wanted Some X-Wasps Inaugural Championship - 2017"

Where the hell were you when I bought 20 wasps this spring? I would easily tripled that order if I could get x wasps... UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So when you buy them hands on, are you looking for the firm & tacky or the slick? Sounds like it might be worth the slickness to have increased durability...

I want the tacky for putting. I will try washing the slickness as other have suggested.

FWIW I bought 3 JB Banger's a while back and there was no slickness about any of them. Decided the Banger wasn't what I wanted (again) so I've got a couple of JB Roaches on the way. I'll report if the plastic is any different than the Bangers I have.

i just got a like-new JB zone, and like others said, it is BEEFY.

for those who have broken in a JB zone, does it have comparable glide to a pro D zone once beat in?

or does it still feel very glideless?

i just got a like-new JB zone, and like others said, it is BEEFY.

for those who have broken in a JB zone, does it have comparable glide to a pro D zone once beat in?

or does it still feel very glideless?

Depends on what glideometer you have

I used to cycle X wasps. I always called them better feeling KC rocs. There were some chalkier ones that seasoned nice, but a lot faster than our modern X does.
JB Wasps would be cool too. I cycled some ProD for a while as well, JB may be a good balance between the two. Some blends were durable (enough).

Id love to see some Jawbreaker Buzzz OS'! I thought this year's Ledgestone might provide a chance, but they already released their version of the Buzzz OS for Ledgestone this year (it's in ESP for anyone wondering.)

They did a JB Nuke for Ledgestone, which I think is kind of weird but I bet it will sell. What other molds in JB do you guys think would work? I think a JB Drone would be pretty sweet...

What other molds in JB do you guys think would work? I think a JB Drone would be pretty sweet...

Just about any of their molds at all. Every putter and mid, fer sure.

I'd consider trying a Jawbreaker Buzzz to compliment my Ti Buzzz...

I used to cycle X wasps. I always called them better feeling KC rocs. There were some chalkier ones that seasoned nice, but a lot faster than our modern X does.
JB Wasps would be cool too. I cycled some ProD for a while as well, JB may be a good balance between the two. Some blends were durable (enough).

I would support a decision to make JB wasps

Ok so I'm on a discraft kick lately and I really want to give one of the jawbreaker putters a shot at my main putter. I see the roach has been popular since it's release but I'm also considering the banger gt and challenger. All three very different I know.

So hose of you who use jawbreaker for putting, what are you using? I know it's mostly feel but I've been flip flopping so much recently idk what I want. Lol. Gone from atom, colt, wizard, anode in the last year

So hose of you who use jawbreaker for putting, what are you using? ...

I'm putting with Jawbreaker Challengers and am loving them. Putted Mercy's for 2 years, and did alright. These have just a touch more float, so I'm not having to putt as hard.

Going from the Anode, a Chally would feel close. Or if you wanted a Wizard clone, they recently released the Focus in Jawbreaker, a Ringer could be substituted for your Colt/Atom.

Last edited:
I am currently putting with JB magnets love the feel and flight. I am going to switch the the roach though similar flight and the hold up better. The bottom rim on the magnet chews up faster then i like. If you can get your hands on them go by feel that is always the best bet for putters.

I have Jawbreaker Challengers and the Jawbreaker APX. Challenger is a bit more (over)stable than the APX. Both good putters, just a matter of which works best for you.

4x champ Valarie Jenkins Doss uses the Jawbreaker Roach. I don't own one, but the shape looked similar to a Aviar to me when I saw one at the store. Valarie was draining putts all day with it at Worlds, so if you want to channel your inner 4x champ, give that a try.

4x champ Valarie Jenkins Doss uses the Jawbreaker Roach. I don't own one, but the shape looked similar to a Aviar to me when I saw one at the store. Valarie was draining putts all day with it at Worlds, so if you want to channel your inner 4x champ, give that a try.

They're not deep dish like the Aviar. They (Roach) also have a chunkier rim.