• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

Been throwing a JB Zone a lot this year - very Harp-like liaison between mids and putters for me. The plastic is excellent imo: very grippy, but more durable than pro-d.

I hit a tree with the JB Zone and have some slight warping to my disc. Is this common? Anyone have an idea on how I can fix it?

I hit a tree with the JB Zone and have some slight warping to my disc. Is this common? Anyone have an idea on how I can fix it?

It may never look the same. Try throwing it though. The flight may be unchanged.

I got to throw and putt some Jawbreaker Magnets this weekend and wow, they are amazing.

Yes, but it is slightly complicated. Related to flattening a disc on your own, but this is more just to return it to its natural shape (mostly, it will probably never be perfect). I will post if people are interested, but like I said, a bit complicated.

Yes, but it is slightly complicated. Related to flattening a disc on your own, but this is more just to return it to its natural shape (mostly, it will probably never be perfect). I will post if people are interested, but like I said, a bit complicated.

I may have resorted to just tuning it with my hands. There is a slight dip in one area of the flight plate. I like the feel of the concave Zones so I might try and make the whole flight plate bend in to match that single odd spot on the disc rather than trying to keep it flat.

Jawbreaker is now my go to putting/approach plastic but if you power it up and catch an early tree it WILL buckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not the biggest fan of jawbreaker for throwing, but love it for putting. grip is amazing and firmness is right where i like it.

not the biggest fan of jawbreaker for throwing, but love it for putting. grip is amazing and firmness is right where i like it.

I dunno if they can do it, but I'd love an even firmer edition of the Jawbreaker plastic, especially for putting. :thmbup:

Bumping because I've read a lot about this plastic and have been thinking about making the switch back to Challengers. Maybe the Roach would be worth a shot coming from Aviars as well? APX? My main question is are the Challengers coming out puddle topped at all? I'm trying to get that old big Pro D Challenger stamp type puddle top. You know what I'm talking about.

Bumping because I've read a lot about this plastic and have been thinking about making the switch back to Challengers. Maybe the Roach would be worth a shot coming from Aviars as well? APX? My main question is are the Challengers coming out puddle topped at all? I'm trying to get that old big Pro D Challenger stamp type puddle top. You know what I'm talking about.

I know what you're talking about. My JB Challengers have not become puddle-tops yet...

If you have some connections you could hunt down Rubber Blend Challengers. I got 4 and can tell they'll puddle. Rubber Blend is the same material as Jawbreaker, just all white and firm. There was a GMC run that had colors. Anyway the regular jawbreakers have more dome in them than the Rubber Blends which mine are flatter.

If you have some connections you could hunt down Rubber Blend Challengers. I got 4 and can tell they'll puddle. Rubber Blend is the same material as Jawbreaker, just all white and firm. There was a GMC run that had colors. Anyway the regular jawbreakers have more dome in them than the Rubber Blends which mine are flatter.

They are different than jawbreaker. The rubber blends actually have small pieces of rubber blended in to the plastic. They are highly textured and super grippy. I have about 10 of the the original run of rubber blend challengers if anyone is interested. it was a test run of the original jawbreaker but they since they all came out puddle top, they removed the rubber pieces for the production runs of jawbreaker.

In store they felt the same to me. The rubber blend has larger pieces it seemed. Both were grippy and a little oily initially.

Were the original run the "Boxer" ones or the Doss runs? What are you looking for? Cash or trade? Why are you passing on them?

I bought a stack of JawBreaker Challengers when they first came out. No puddle topping.

Have you felt the Roach? The wing isn't straight like the Aviar. It's convex. It feels like a worn Voodoo (or a reeeaally worn Wizard).

In store they felt the same to me. The rubber blend has larger pieces it seemed. Both were grippy and a little oily initially.

Were the original run the "Boxer" ones or the Doss runs? What are you looking for? Cash or trade? Why are you passing on them?

Neither. They were barstamped. Unfortunately not looking for trades but I'd be willing to sell some

You might want to check out the Challenger SS thats about to come out in JB. If youre talking about coming from aviars. :thmbup: