• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jimmy Porter Carrollton, TX?

I saw that 18 at greenbelts still gone. When are they going to replace that

Not sure when they're going to replace it. It's been gone for almost a year now. I think with the 4 extra holes they have right now on GB you can still get in 21 just on the original area of GB (not crossing Frankford) but once they move those back to Porter I can see it maybe trying to get the holes back. If they are trying to get an additional 9 holes on Porter (extending to Kelly with new improvements to grounds) I would assume there would be a fundraiser tourney or something set up to get those put in. Maybe have additional set aside to replace missing holes at GB.

Right now I just want to see JP back in the ground. Was one of the very first I ever played and am excited to see what changes are going to be made. As much as I enjoy playing GB, I like having 2 courses within a 5 minute drive of the house.

Are they going to cross trinity miss over there or do you know

some of my friends walked the proposed layout. Said it is terrible, makes Greenbelt look like a good coures. Safty issues and other obviouse problem.

When I was out there yesterday it looked that way. Doesnt look like fun at all. If they are putting baskets where the flags are, it will be a disaster on a couple holes

Not going across trinity mills because that would require crossing a street. Extending it to Kelly is all I've heard about and making it a 27 hole. I would alost say if the new layout is as bad as everyone is saying maybe a expansion of the 18 hole course would work.

Hopefully it doesn't suck.

They cross it during the tourney

So from what I read on PDGA and seen in person its not looking good for this course. If all of this is true, I would rather play Greenbelt north. IMO its a better course then Greenbelt and its will beat the new Porter from the sounds of it.

This is from: http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=17924&page=6

Looks like they got to move some stuff around. Pretty detailed of the new layout.

"Ok, Pineapple and I did a walk though this morning. The parks department has given the OK to move the baskets, the engineering department says wait 2 more weeks.

#1 will probably be the exact same, however we did look at next to the old Kiosk to near the old pin placement.

#2 same tee, basket will be between the tree and the creek, right on the berm of the creek is basically. (30ft from the sidewalk) I wanted the basket closer the low water trail crossing.

#3 Tee will be between the creek and the sidewalk near the low water bridge. The basket will be between the creek and tree, or a little shorter near the creek. (not enough room behind the tree between the creek and sidewalk.)

#4, we talked about this one and walked it a few times. We have basicly disided the best hole is using the original tee box and moving the basket up to the right. This takes the sidewalk out of the picture and makes it a straight shot to turnover shot. We talked about moving the basket all the way back into the woods and even looked at it, but there would be a lot more sidewalk shots with players throwing harder.

#5 is a short hole, but it is about the same distance as old hole #6. Nice little shot to a small clump of tree's, not really that close to the sidewalk. Now that we moved 4, we may move the tee box back a little ways, but it will still be a short technical shot.

#6 Tees off near the sidewalk close to the creek and thrown across the creek Basket is located between some trees at the sidewalk Y. There is an option B that might make a better hole, but it would be even worse with bridge and sidewalks for right handed players. Because this is a pretty open hole, the Parks department gave approval.

#7 from #6 across the trail to the tree's. It runs between the sidewalk and the creek, The basket is between the trees and sidewalk, it is a long dangerous hole (for the players)

#8 tee is around the trees to the creek side and is a great hole playing back to the old basket #11 pin placement.

#9 another good hole playing across the creek and then back up into a the brush. Good lefty hole with a deep ditch right down the fairway. This one will play tough for righties.

#10, After talking about it, we moved this tee box back closer to the trail, it throws back across the creek as a big anhyzer (lefty hole) with the basket located in the tree's. This hole has already has a little clearing done and has been sprayed for poison Ivy. There will need to be some work by bring in some dirt because of the creek bank is blocking the drainage from this area. Moving this tee closer to #9's basket only made sense.

there will be a longest walk from #10 to #11, but not as long as old #16 to #17 was

#11 we changed this hole up today, we think for the better in the long run. The tee will be old holes #11 tee box throwing a straight 300ft shot to the trees. If you throw it too high you might throw it over the fence (for right handers) but after looking at it, we figured it would be less than if the basket was located on a hard right rather than straight.

#12 So we moved #12's tee box over to the old #10's basket placement. it is basicly old #10 backwards. It is a slight hyzer or anhyzer over the pond to the basket located in a group of newly planted tree's. We were undesided on having the basket close to the pond or moving it back for a little distance. (we marked the longer position)

#13, is close to old #15, but the tee is just a short walk from #12's basket. This will be a slow Anhyzer, big hyzer or big anhyzer hole. Longer than old #15 with out of bounds still behind the basket.

#14 - is old #16 with the basket shortend. With the new trees, it makes this a big hyzer shot. (still 400ft)

#15 tee will be between the old #16's basket placement and the road. it is a guarded tee shot over the black trail, over the creek with the basket under and to the left of the big tree. The shot is straight, but being long is in the creek. Hyzers will hit the big tree for a long putt with the creek behind the basket.

#16 Tees off from old tee #7 over to the part of the creek we use to cross on #5. Throw it too far and you are in the creek, miss a putt and you are in the creek. 2nd shortest hole on the course, but will have a lot of circle 3's and 4's with the creek right behind the basket. The tree's take out the hyzer shot.

#17, we talked about tweeking this one. From #16's basket, walk back towards the street and tee off to the basket close to the old #18's tee box. This would have a big hyzer or a straight shot to the hole.

#18, tee would be near old #17's basket placement and tee off to the basket past the tree's but the basket would be moved over. Hyzer over the creek or big anhyzer around.

In all, I think this course is much better than it looks on paper. there are alot of risk reward shots. something you need with the few tree's we have out there. It is a longer course than the old Jimmy Porter and I think the scores will reflect it. (I don't think I will be shooting 12 down out there)

Ok, the word on more holes after #9. We want to add 9 to 18 more back there. But I would not expect them installed until 2010 at the earliest.

One thing I expect to see out there. The Police on bikes busting drinkers. it will be happening, I can almost guarantee it. The plan is having a sign at the parking lot reminding that Carrollton Parks are alcohol free. "

Just got done playing Greenbelt... Two trucks out there pulling the extra pins! I'm guessing Porter should be back in the next couple of days!

Keep me posted. I will be out that way in about 2 weeks and the old Jimmy P was one of my favs. I would like to see the new version if it is up and running.

I will be in southwest FW and Jimmy P is a little bit of a drive but we have done it in the past. I will be playing with my brother for about 5 days straight mostly in the Fw area. Where are you located?

Shoot me a pm with some info and we will see. My dates are July 5th-9th. I am supposed to play with Donovan for sure and maybe with cc0049.

I think it is cool to meet up with the people you see on the forums here. I don't know if you have one but I have a travel tag to swap also.

Havent got one yet but I guess I have time huh?

Latest posts